Minoston Outlet won't use Edge driver

I have a MInoston MP21Z that doesn’t want to use the edge driver. It always gets set up with the “Min Smart Plug” groovy driver.

IDE shows fingerprint as
zw:Ls2a type:1000 mfr:0312 prod:FF00 model:FF0C ver:1.00 zwv:7.16 lib:03 cc:5E,55,9F,6C sec:86,25,70,85,8E,59,72,5A,87,73,7A

I don’t see the model FF0C in the table Table of Edge Drivers - Things That Are Smart Wiki, so maybe that’s why?

With such a simple on/off switch device, is there a way I can manually force it to use another edge driver? Just trying to future-proof my network before IDE etc goes away soon. Almost everything else is running edge drivers by now, this is a hold-out

were you using any custom device handlers for it? if you were… you would need to remove them in IDE before they will get the Edge Driver.

Thanks - no, I had previously cleared out the 2 custom device handlers I had experimented with years ago. Are there any good debugging tools out there to investigate a situation like this?

It doesn’t look as if the Min Smart Plug DTH has been converted to Edge yet.

I have these same outlets, what information do we need to post to request drivers?

You shouldn’t need to do anything as the Min Smart Plug is a SmartThings administered DTH and so the functionality should be added to an Edge driver unless they have explicitly said otherwise. The job hasn’t been completed yet.

I just bought same plug and it showing as min smart plug? Should i return it or it will move to edge?

These devices still add with the DTH, not an edge driver. Is there a way to force them to the edge driver?

Two things:

1. make sure you have a driver on your hub that contains the proper fingerprints.

2. if you have a custom Device Handler for it in the IDE you must delete it.

1. Where do find the proper driver for this outlet? This is the only thread I see discussing it.
  2. I am not using a custom device handler for it.

You could ask @Mariano_Colmenarejo if he can add it to his “Z-Wave Switch and Child Mc” driver. He would need the fingerprints (data section) from the IDE.

1 Like

is this what he needs?

zw:Ls2 type:1001 mfr:0312 prod:FF00 model:FF0C ver:2.00 zwv:5.03 lib:03 cc:5E,6C,55,9F sec:86,25,85,8E,59,72,5A,73,70,7A

Yes that includes the fingerprint that @Mariano_Colmenarejo would need.

1 Like

Added to this driver version

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Z-Wave Switch and Child Mc
 Version      2023-02-07T17:38:42.691457874        
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: 0312/FF00/FF0C #added 07/feb
    deviceLabel: Minoston Outlet
    manufacturerId: 0x0312
    productType: 0xFF00
    productId: 0xFF0C
    deviceProfileName: switch-binary
1 Like

That worked. Thanks. I installed the driver and excluded and paired the device successfully.
Thanks!

1 Like

Would you be as kind as to point me in the right direction? I enrolled in “Z-Wave Switch and Child Mc” but it did not work and the link to fingerprints in GIT didn’t mentioned the above snippet. I feel like I must be in the wrong spot. Thanks in advance.

Edit - I believe the version I have is “2023-02-16T22:08:01.835237734”

You should confirm you don’t have a different fingerprint. They have a couple similar looking devices, since I know one of them has power metering.

If you joined @Mariano_Colmenarejo ’s channel, that is the driver to install. It should automatically choose that driver since it doesn’t match any of the default drivers.

I believe it does. It’s a MP21Z with model: FF0C
I don’t know much about the source code side of these Edge drivers but thought maybe it was missed in a merge between the 7th and the 16th or if I needed to specify something additional.

Edit - I do see a difference but it isn’t part of the fingerprint above. The mfr, prod, and model all match; however, the type is different. The string above has “1000” and I have “1001” and I suspect that the type matters in the match as well?