MiniMote doubling button press?

The fix is extremely simple, not sure why it is taking so long for ST to implement it. Replace line 196/197 with the following code and everything should work as advertised including toggling notifications on and off:

def notifications = find('notifications', buttonNumber, value)
if (notifications != null) {
    	if (notifications.toBoolean()) sendPush(textMessage ?: "Button $buttonNumber was pressed" )
}

Every other action checks to see if the find() subroutine has passed a real value or a null back except for this one. If there is nothing in the settings for notification and the button involved it returns a null pointer which needs to be captured.

My guess is that somewhere along the lines either default settings were removed for the button controllers or the toBoolean behavior changed. Either way, the code fix here captures the null value and makes sure it is never passed to toBoolean.

Hopefully ST will commit this fix ASAP so we all donā€™t end up with custom code to make this work.

BTW, thanks to robmttox for getting me pointed to the errant section of code.

ā€“Jon

1 Like

@Jon, do I change existing code or would I have to remove the minimotes I have them add new with the changed code? If I can alter the existing minimotes code then how?

Thanks

ST has now implemented a fix for this. Thank you all for your patience and please reach out to support if you continue to have issues.

2 Likes

Excellent! So what caused the problem?

Yep, working fine. Thanks @rappleg!

How are you mounting them since they have to be charged every once in a while?

I mount mine with Command strips. I use a portable USB battery pack and a Mini USB cable to charge it.

The root cause was the notifications check as pointed out by @robmattox and @Jon not handling null correctly.

1 Like

@brianlees, I too use the 3M Command strips but I use the Velcro Command strips, one of the wall and one on the back of the minimote. That way I can detach it from the wall to charge then put it back on the wall without having to use another strip. Actually they are named picture hanging strips, medium size and black for color. I currently have two minitotes hanging on walls like this and debating about adding more. So far they work great and I have removed them several times and they attach right back without issue.

All 8 combinations of button push/hold on my 2 Minimotes and my 4 button key fob now work (I use them to change modes, and turn on/off switches, alarms, lights and Sonos).

Thanks.

1 Like

The Enerwave has button mrssage repetition and other issues which are unique to the way itā€™s hardware / firmware works and so, Minimote fixes are unlikely to help. Search and see the Enerwave topic for more information.

Thanks, @tgauchat. This other thread recently has provided the answer and relevant discussion, thanks to @erocm1231

1 Like