Mini split remote sensor

Hi, I have a Samsung mini split AC and a separate ecobee t-stat tied to the main rooftop heat pump. In the room with the mini split I have an ecobee remote temperature sensor. I would like the mini split to ignore its internal sensor and instead only read the remote ecobee sensor to manage its operation. How could I make this happen. Thanks!

I would be surprised if there is a way to make the mini split use an external thermostat. If the mini split and the Ecobee sensor are both added to ST, you could write Routines that change the settings of the mini split based on the temperature readings from the sensor.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yes the mini split and sensors are connected to ST. The part I am not getting is how I would set up a routine to accomplish my goal with the functionality available. If anyone has some high level ideas I would love to hear them.

2 simple routines

Routine 1
If ecobee sensor temp is above 70
Then turn on miini split Ac

Routine 2
If ecobee sensor temp is below 70
Then turn off mini split AC

You can get more creative off course but you can do it with just 2 simple routines.

That does make sense. However, I am trying to avoid turning the unit on and of repeatedly. I would prefer to keep the unit running, but change the temp setting to keep the room in my desired temperature range. Thanks for the feedback.

You could do that as well.

If ecobee sensor temp is above 70
Then set miini split Ac cooling temp to 50
And it would start cooling

If ecobee sensor temp is below 70
Then set miini split Ac cooling temp to 80
And it would stop cooling