Migration to V2 - Hurdles and Best Practices

I couldn’t uninstall Smart Home Monitor, so it was impossible for me to delete each sensor from SmartThings before switching hubs.

What I did was just delete the entire location instead, then just needed to reset each Zigbee device to reconnect those. For Z-Wave, obviously I had to go to the utilities menu, perform a device exclusion, and then reconnect those.

Got my V2 Hub up this morning, took a lot of hub and app reboots to finally get it to go Active…WHAT A MESS…Now, nothing will connect to the hub, z-wave, zibee, NOTHING…Very Frustrating…Sent an email to support, but this has been a total disaster…Can’t even hook the V1 Hub back up, your welcome code is deleted. ARGH…Anyone in the community have any ideas, or is just a bad hub.

this is the most insane removal transfer of devices to another hub i have ever seen. there is no way the average user will be able to do this. i have a new hub and i refuse to switch one over in this manner. I’m returning it. this is crazy.

and i only have about 15 devices if i had over 25 the upgrade headache is not even worth it. i had no idea when starting on this system that its would be a pain in the ass to remove devices. good luck people with this shitty product.this only confirms my idea that this stuff is more tinker toys rather than something with a average level of usability. enjoy this while it lasts samsung, i am sure when apple launches its full line of home kit stuff like all other samsung products you will be far behind because of consistent failures in ALL your products in the most important reason.

USABLITY! go pay some ex-apple employee 2mill/yr and lock them in a room to fix everything you make.

1 Like

Good luck with that. The grass is always greener somewhere else, especially in the Apple Mind Warp Field.

6 Likes

This is what I am seeing on the IDE…

appengineConnected: false
appengineEnabled: false
appengineVersion: 1.0.14
backupVersion: 0.0.0
batteryInUse: false
bootloaderVersion: 0
hardwareID: 000D
localIP: 192.168.0.12
localSrvPortTCP: 39500
localSrvPortUDP: 0
macAddress: D0:52:A8:44:B2:3D
videocoreVersion: 0.7.2
zigbeeChannel: 11
zigbeeEui: D052A844B3CA0001
zigbeeFirmware: 2.0.31
zigbeeNodeID: FFFE
zigbeePanID: FFFF
zigbeePowerLevel: 3
zwaveControllerStatus: 21
zwaveHomeID: C8584C27
zwaveNodeID: 01
zwavePowerLevel: 0
zwaveRegion: 0
zwaveSerialVersion: 0
zwaveSucID: 01
zwaveVersion: 0000

3 x :+1: with less than 20 char…

1 Like

Can I only post to complain about problems, or can we talk about good experiences here? :wink: I have had almost zero problems with my update (28 devices, mix of Zwave/Zigbee/Custom DeviceTypes ). The hardest part? Some things I’ve had running so long, I couldn’t remember how to exclude. Had to look them up, and individually some of them are a pain. Deleting and adding SmartApps is time consuming, but I am actually enjoying finding better, more native ways of doing them (trying to push for local control of devices).

Also, MyQ wouldn’t move to a room (all my other Wifi/Web Connect devices I just edited their location, worked perfectly). So I deleted and updated to @copyninja newest (awesome!) and it works perfectly, took ten minutes maybe.

Overall, this hub is snappier, more responsive, things are happening quicker and I’m very pleased so far.

3 Likes

Hi @Robert_Robinson, that definitely doesn’t look right the first 2 appengine settings should be “true”, and version should be 1.0.17. Here’s a view of mine (there may be a difference or two for other reasons…)

appengineConnected: true
appengineEnabled: true
appengineVersion: 1.0.17
hardwareID: 0006
localIP:
localSrvPortTCP:
macAddress:
videocoreVersion: 0.8.6
zigbeeChannel: 15
zigbeeEui: D052A83568AA0001
zigbeeNodeID: 0000
zigbeePanID: 2728
zigbeePowerLevel: -6
zwaveControllerStatus: 1D
zwaveHomeID: XXXXXXXX
zwaveRegion: 1
zwaveSucID: 00

@Robert_Robinson I’m having the same issue and my hub info is similar to yours.

appengineConnected: false
appengineEnabled: false
appengineVersion: 1.0.14
hardwareID: 000D
localIP: 192.168.1.207
localSrvPortTCP: 39500
macAddress: D0:52:A8:16:F7:5D
videocoreVersion: 0.7.2
zigbeeChannel: 11
zigbeeEui: D052A816FA9D0001
zigbeeNodeID: FFFE
zigbeePanID: FFFF
zigbeePowerLevel: 3
zwaveControllerStatus: 35
zwaveHomeID: XXXXXXXX
zwaveRegion: 0
zwaveSucID: 01

Anyone know whats going on?

1 Like

Things did not look right to me either, nothing has gone right with the v2 migration…I did actually had everything working and now, none of my lights work. Not sure at this point what the heck is going on…

@Robert_Robinson @Bryan_Fleming. Have you tried to update your firmware version via the mobile app?

Yes, says it is up to date…

The IDE and App are now listing my hub as inactive/offline. But the hub is still displaying green lights. :angry:

I’m going to power cycle everything and give it a bit.

Well, crap… Just for kicks, how about removing the batteries and unplugging the power for a few minutes? I had a slight issue with firmware not too long ago, and I got it after power cycling the hub. The light turned purple during the firmware update, then green. It took several minutes. I also kept it powered down for almost 30 minutes.

I have power cycled the hub multiple times, nothing seems to work, at this point I am not sure what to do, what I do know is that I never should have gotten the V2 hub…V1 was working fine…My mistake…

This was helpful during migration for things that needed to be close. It’s a wifi to Ethernet adapter powered by thrbsmartthings USB port

10 Likes

Is there a FAQ or step-by-step for setting up v2 for those who have v1?
For the “average consumer”! :smile:
I would be fine just immediately starting from scratch, but it sounds like nothing is that simple.

Great idea!!! And here is the mobile internet solution…

1 Like

Same story here. Trying some powercycling and am now waiting to see if I can get past the green lights.

Hub V2 - Firmware Update Issues
Identified - Some users are reporting issues with the initial update that occurs as part of the hub setup process. This is also causing issues with device pairing for new hub v2 users. We are investigating the issues, and will update here when we have more information.

http://status.smartthings.com/incidents/jmhhvy2rpl5m

1 Like