[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

always. interesting refinement :slight_smile:

@bangali Thank you! That’s awesome. Just setup some new rules! :slight_smile:

Also, I checked if I could get into the Asleep settings screen. Still getting the “Something went wrong error”
Also I wanted to ask because I thought I read about this further up in the thread 
 anyway I WFH. I have a rule in place to turn on the lights from 7am-11:15am if LUX is below 40. After 11:15am, the lights should turn off if LUX is above 40. <— that works just fine.

I noticed if I decide it’s still too dark for me, and I turn on the lights via voice or in the Hue app. The lights go off again in 10 minutes by Room Manager. My assumption is that Room Manager won’t be active after 11:15am and the lights should stay on, if I turn them on, is that correct?

Thank you again! The app has been a good addition to our setup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very Cool.

Are the Check Off , and Check On sections of the rules (All Of [and] or Any Of [or]) conditions when you have multiple items selected?

1 Like

on is any on and off is none on ie all off

ok. lets get this one fixed. open up ST IDE and go to live logging. then try to go to asleep settings and share the error from the live logs.

in general settings there is a setting for only on state change turn on for the behavior your expecting. without that the rules are processed every 10 mins and errant lights are turned on or off. this is there so if ST is being flaky lights dont stay on or off for more than 10 mins. note if you turn this on then auto lighting level / kelvin stops working.

Perfect!

Next Question–
How Does Auto Level Interact With Rules That Set Levels, or Color Temperature

when turning on any switches thru the rules you have the option of picking AutoLevel (AL) as the level to set and the level and optionally kelvin will be set based on the AL settings for that room.

Oddly, no errors

Okay let’s chalk it up to ST being flaky.

1 Like

wait there are no errors in the live logs but you are still unable to get to asleep settings page?

This error is usually from the ui crashing. there usually isn’t any server side log.
i would Look for invalid key or bad formatting in the inputs.

1 Like

please share the view all settings screenshots for the office manager room.

thanks. in asleep settings the night switches name looks funky. is that the actual switch name?

Yes, the name of the switch is bedroom <step-son’s name> I just fuzzed it out so his name for privacy reasons.

ahh got it 
 thanks.

Playing with this it seems like checkon is all on and checkoff is all off. If I had a checkon for multiple switches, I had to create a seperate rule for each of them to get them to work as expected.
I had to make all switches turn on to get the rule to engage and all switches turn off to get an off rule to engage.

A look at the code seems to confirm this.

Shouldn’t the first rule be :
if (thisRule.checkOn && !thisRule.checkOn.currentSwitch.contains(on)) continue;

?

yes need to fix

@bangali

I hade some startup isses with forgetting to install vacation manager, but now I got it in and it seems to do what I ask. :smiley: Nice work man.

I do have a question:

I have assigned a thermostat (virtual) to a room and set a temp level to be maintained. Further more I have created two rules: one to increase the temp when occupied and one to decrease it when vacant. In the room view i ST I observe that these temp levels are in effect for the various modes but; the defined thermostat is not assigned any of these new temps. Why is this?

I would like to know the temp levels in effect for the various rooms by viewing the thermostat. Am I missing something?

//Thomas

cant reproduce this one. just to be sure would you please update the rooms child app code and try again?