[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

Hi Bangali

I’m brand new to smart things so clearly have made a mistake installing the app, could you advise please. Many thanks

hello,

this is not the new ST app right? you mean installing rooms?

Confused already sorry

I installed rooms manager and when I go the app if I click ‘Next’ and make any changes to the settings I get the pic above. If I click New Room the app seems to lock up with the ‘spinning wheel’ and I have to force exit the app

Sorry if I have confused you
Thanks

ahh ok. no you didnt confuse me. i may have confused myself after reading about the new app issue in the previous post. :slight_smile:

lets check a couple of things:

1. have you all installed all pieces of code:
    – install rooms occupancy DTH from My Device Handlers
    – install rooms manager smartapp from My Smartapps
    – install rooms child app smartapp from My Smartapps
    – install rooms vacation smartapp from My Smartapps
  2. when the above is done:
    – log in to ST IDE and click on Live Logging
    – then try changing and saving settings and lets see what happens
  1. No I was originally using the old app, and now I have them in parallel. The only braking thing I saw is the home modes, which they don’t seem to be backwards compatible. The problem that I have with RoomManager in the new smartthings is that the rooms that I created (in your app) they appear on the list of things but when I click it it says “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again”, whereas in the classic up it opens and shows all the stats for the room like this pic https://community.smartthings.com/uploads/short-url/9uJqeR53wEUUEk51gbGPcpDcqB4.jpg

Thanks I will log on now and complete as you have suggested, I think I have missed the ‘child app’ step. Will confirm once completed

Thanks again

1 Like

ahh … ok. the new app may be using new apis which dont support custom device attributes which may be causing this issue? see this post:

but let me search around a bit and see if others have posted having issues with new app and custom DTH.

so there should be 4 pieces of code to install … 1 DTH and 3 smartapps … please install all of them … then try.

are you comfortable with a little bit of code editing from the ST IDE?

if yes … please edit the rooms occupancy DTH and change this:

definition (
	name: "rooms occupancy",
	namespace: "bangali",
	author: "bangali")		{

to this:

definition (
	author: "bangali", mnmn: "bangali", vid: "generic-button")		{

save, publish and retry please.

I installed three could not find the one below, however it’s working, many thanks

• install rooms vacation smartapp from My Smartapps

Thanks again

its on github in the same folder as the other smartapp sources:

No difference, I get the same error.

try this please:

definition (
	author: "bangali", mnmn: "SmartThings", vid: "generic-button")		{

after saving and publishing the DTH code … please quit the connect app and start up again.

I tried the steps, no difference :confused:

use the old app for a bit please … refactoring some code and stuff will come back to this :slight_smile:

Alright thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

updated to github with the following changes:

this part is important so please do this after saving the driver and all apps:

REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS MANAGER, ROOMS CHILD APP AND ROOMS VACATION SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING CODE SINCE DEVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS HAVE CHANGED.

Version: 0.99.0

DONE:   11/20/2018

1) performance optimizations for hubitat along with:
	- **REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS MANAGER, ROOMS CHILD APP AND ROOMS VACATION SETTINGS AFTER UPDATING CODE SINCE SUBSCRIPTIONS HAVE CHANGED.**
	- heavy code reuse
	- deprecated code for alarm settings in rooms occupancy device
	- deprecated code for setting room to engaged with music player
	- deprecated code for setting window shades with rules
	- moved settings view code to new rooms child settings app so its take it out of runtime
		- **REQUIRES SAVING ROOMS CHILD SETTINGS CODE AS A NEW APP.**
2) added option to set room to asleep at time of day

Have you fixed this issue? Updated the 3 apps and the 1 DTH. Btw vaction is updated but not published.

Logging

c1755d3a-7a99-4053-8b3b-965336e29e0d 8:21:38 PM: error physicalgraph.exception.NotFoundException: Cound not find a SmartApp with the name rooms child settings in namespace bangali @line 1337 (spawnChildSettings)

edited
Resolved, needed to install new child settings app

1 Like

code is not Published on GitHub you mean?

No, in my IDE. Should they all be published? Or just the main application?

On another note. I’ve noticed that the Child Settings app will not update via Github. I had to install it manually because it throws and error.

Not a big deal but just making you aware of it.

1 Like