[Migrated to Custom Capabilities] Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized rules based home automation with rooms Occupancy sensing from devices you already have in your home

so now you guys like me? next update going break something … probably everything … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If you don’t break anything - you’re not even trying. :slight_smile:

eh … that’s for noobs … these days i break everything :grinning:

1 Like

scenes support now added to rules so rules can now both turn on/off switches setting level/color/color temperature when turning on switches and/or run scenes.

1 Like

First - thank you.

Second… Calling the REST API internally?

1 Like

you are welcome. existing app already supported running routines aka the old scenes from rules … but it was not a top level setting in rules so folks may not have noticed. now added scenes as a top level setting within rules.

yup … synchronously for now.

1 Like

@bangali Can you assist with this error from the logs:

[xxxxxx]) 8:32:28 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘label’ on null object @line 117 (subscribeToRooms)

Sorry didn’t see your reply
2020-11-06 18:44:36 UTC 1.1

Does this work in either HASS or HE?

sure. same question though: :slight_smile:

it works on HE not on HASS … yet.

Would anyone be able to share their thresholds (time based) for Occupied and Engaged for various rooms?

We’re a household of 5 with an additional pair of cats and dogs, but I’d like to see everyone else’s setup. I imagine it’d be different for a living room compared to a kid’s bedroom with no television compared to a master bedroom.

occupied and engaged thresholds are going to be different for each room and how the room is used.

the golden rules of threshold is - the more the sensor types you have in a room the lower the threshold should be. :slightly_smiling_face:

maybe others could share what threshold they use.

1 Like

My Master bedroom is my most complicated setup

Locked: Overrides: True
Asleep: Timeout 10 hr Overrides Engaged: True
Engaged: Timeout - None: Overrides Occupied: True, Busy Check on, Uses harmony activity v-switch
Occupied: Timeout: 360 Sec:
Checking: 10 Sec

Motion Threshholds are turned WAY down - all my sensors are powered.
I do have door sensors.

Motion in the room will set Occupied and timeout in 360 Sec or if the door opens.
Repeated Motion or turning on the TV will set engaged and basically lock the room on.
Sleep overrides these states and will stay that way for 10 hrs
Lock overrides ALL of these. (Can hold the room in a state indefinitely)

Most of my other rooms are simpler - but I use variations of this for all of them.

2 Likes

@bangali - just a note. With your updates, each room occupancy device shows as a motion device. (Because you have the capability to be able to support the UI) That means they now show up as valid devices to select when you need a motion device.

And in each room, you can select a motion device… I think you can see where I’m going here.

There’s a very real possibility of creating a loop - I don’t know what happens if you do - and I don’t know if you can code around it in the smartapp but…

1 Like

the motion is mirrored from actual physical motion sensors in that room’s settings. so shouldn’t create a loop but would be interesting to see if it does … probably should filter those from selection.

i suppose the same will happen with contact, thermostat etc.

1 Like

Yeah I know where it’s coming from - I strongly suspect it will work, but create unnecessary polling and messaging. Probably want to filter it from the list or detect it adding itself if at all possible.

2 Likes

30 seconds? Less?

Ill have to look but the reason I didn’t list it specifically is because its actually the minimum for my device and others may use my settings if thier device doesn’t support it… @bangali has some guidance in the app about how to find what that actually is for whatever youre using for motions. His default is very understandably conservative.

1 Like

Version 0.5
Happens when I look at the logs.

Created Modified Version
2018-11-20 01:17:53 UTC 2020-11-06 18:44:37 UTC 0.5 working

Thanks for letting me know. I think HASS is more future proof than HE. Hopefully, a lot of the SApps here will have a home on HASS.

interesting. i am getting pinged lot more for questions about HE support than about HASS. so mind if i ask why you think?

thank you.

btw, that’s pretty old. :slight_smile: please update to the latest and check again. remember to go into your rooms and save them again after updating.

Wink, Revolv, Iris are all proof that unless you have support and money it is touch to compete with Apple, Samsung, and Amazon. Also, HASS runs on a pi. It is not dependent on a company. HE is great but if they go out of business it would be similar for me to what happened with Wink (or lack of money and innovation with Vera).

I just see HASS as more future proof and I can run it with ST while I see what Samsung does about the migration mess.

Also this - Alternative Hubs

This is just my opinion of course.

1 Like