Matter question

These hubs are not yet Matter compatible. :woozy_face:

I know the Wi-Fi mesh hubs are not matter compatible. That was the whole point of my question. Suppose someone has a SmartThings Wi-Fi mesh system (not Matter compatible at the time of this posting) and they buy a Samsung smartthings station (which is already matter compatible) and add that to the same smartthings account.

It seems possible that they would then get matter support for devices connected via the station. And they would be able to add Matter over WiFi or Matter over thread devices to their account because the station is there.

But I don’t know that for sure – – that might not be the way smartthings has implemented it. So that was what I was asking about.

I think that would work. If you have multiple hubs, when adding a matter device (or zigbe or Z-wave), the mobile app asks you to pick a hub . So in theory, in the app should be able to automatically pick the hub that supports Matter or have you pick it manually.

1 Like

I have the Wi-Fi hub (Plume) and the Fridge Family Hub with Zigbee dongle. I have added a couple of different Wi-Fi Matter devices to the Family Hub (al though there are bugs preventing them from working properly) so it seems to follow that you would be able to do the same with the Station.

3 Likes