MagicMirror Smartthings module

It’s possible, the portal address is different from the US. I know you can also hit the hub directly as I do that for another docker service I run at home. Let me see where that needs updated in the node_smartthings library.

Yeah i think this is the issue:
Maybe thus should be different: https://api.smartthings.com/v1/devices

Under ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-Smartthings/node_modules/smartthings-node/dist/config.js you may be able to update that and test it. I won’t be able to make changes until tonight, but I’ll add an override to allow that to be set from the module’s config in magic mirror.

I’ll have to find my other code to see if I can it the hub directly too tonight.

yep found the location, but not sure what i should do now.

Do you have github connected to your smarthings account?

It appears they may use it to sync device data between the us and eu servers…

Maybe not, I see my locations on the eu server, but no devices. I’ll keep searching to see if they have another api server for eu.

wait, it’s stupid i know, but i removed the <> and the reslet client gave me 200 ok
plus is see all my devices in reslet

I did a shutdown and restarted the pie. Everything works fine now!
I don’t know if it was a combination of things or i just wasted your time. Man, i’m sorry if it did.
Thank you so much for helping me though. I really appreciate it.

Good Deal! No worries.

Sorry about that, I updated the readme removing the < > from that key example.

For the temperature sensor, can you add a little thermometer icon? Similar to what you have for locks?

Let me see what I can find.

@unreal2k I’m just curious, are your temps in celsius? I didn’t bother putting the c/f on there as there was only a value being returned and assumed it was set by the user’s preferences.

Yep, they show up in celcius.

@unreal2k

I’ve added the temperature icons as well as a couple of config options for low and high temps, tempLowValue & tempHighValue. They default to 65 & 80, so you’ll want to set them to celsius values if that is your preference. Icons will be green for between low and high (normal), blue when low, and red when high.

Besides adding the two config options you just need to change to the ~/MagicMirror/modules/MMM-Smartthings folder and do a git pull

No need to run npm install as the dependencies haven’t changed.

@buzzkc That’s just fantastic! Wow!! Thank you for all your hard work. FYI i did not have to do anything to get the temp in celcius.

No, I assume the values returned for temp are celsius on your instance of the module, so you’ll need to set those config values if you want to have them show the icons as green, red, & blue. Most likely all of them are showing blue for you since the tempLowValue config option is 65 (F), you probably would need to update that to 18 and the tempHighValue config to 26 or 27 to be comparable.

Nope, i did a test and colors look fine. I used this as a sample to begin with and then played with the values a bit. Colors are changing fine based on the values i set.
tempLowValue:“20”,
tempHighValue:“25”,

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for giving it a go.

@buzzkc i was thinking of another feature, don’t know if it’s possible.
There could be multiple headers. For example:
Sensors
Sensor1
Sensor2

Themperatures
Temp1
Temp2

Locks
Lock1
Lock2

In the config: {} there could be:
showHeader: true,