Made a Water Leak Sensor

Yes!
The other day, I’ve finally automated my mail box notifications and at the same time, managed to convince the last remaining paper-bill sender to switch to paper-less statements.
So, now I can only expect junk mail in my mail box. But every time I get a new portion of junk, a notification comes.

We unfortunately have community mailboxes. USPS has a new “informed delivery” service where they forward the scans of the front of your mail to your email. Pretty snazzy.

i really love this idea. I have a modification to your idea that I will post later. Do you have pics of the rope and how i donfigured the wire in/to it?

I’d suggest a grid or pad instead of a rope.

Does anyone have a picture of the holes they drilled to get the wires plugged in?

Would you take a picture of the holes you drilled? I think I know, but I can’t undrill them if I make a mistake, so I want to be sure :laughing:

The two screw-down posts look like two columns of green plastic that were formed in one plastic mold – is that where? Which side? The plastic is on one side of the sensor, leaving one side fairly accessible w/o removing the board from the case – is that the side I make the holes in?

Just line up where the terminals are and go nuts. I siliconed over mine after it was all done. Nothing to worry about, and I assume this won’t be sitting on your coffee table when you’re done.

Do you mean like this?
No; looks aren’t a concern :sweat_smile:

Maybe I misunderstood. Aren’t there holes on the far side of the terminal block (against the case)? I was talking about drilling through the case.

2 Likes

Hmmmm. Hard to tell. I think I can make out openings. I gave the board a very, very timid tug to see if I could lift it out to get a better look, but it’s not coming out. i’ll have a go at it out of good faith. I bought several of these when it became clear that Monoprice was ditching them, so I suppose I can sacrifice the case of one of these.

That was it! Thanks!