Lowes website

Just created one:

3 Likes

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hubbell-3-Pack-15-125-Volt-White-Indoor-Gfci-Decorator-Wall-Outlet/1000049969

Regular Price $33
Burbank, CA $8.25
QTY:1
Shipping: No

1 Like

Confused - Two stores in country have this listed below normal price
Burbank, CA 1 $8.25
Lake Park, FL 1 $19.80
Point? Besides at least half the time these are inventory errors. Stores never seem to bother correcting them.

If you want to get the script running play with it. Uninstall it - re-install it. It will work. Nothing is wrong with the original script. Maybe something you did corrupted it. Iā€™ve had it working for maybe a year in Chrome. Six months ago when script disappeared I installed it in Firefox (just in case). By the way they both are running with tampermonkey. Once I know something is possible I can figure out most anything. If you really think the problem is with the script find someone with a running installation and export the script to use on yours. That will work too. Be careful with offering codes for payment (monetary or not). That can get get you banned.

I cant figure out what Im doing wrong. I have the script loaded and have tampermoneky. When I go to lowes website and search something, a red ā€œ1ā€ shows up on the tampermonkey icon in the upper right of my computer, but no green check prices buttom shows up on the page.

You can click the icon with the 1 and run the script from there.

Make sure the script is on, tampermonkey is enabled and then if it doesnā€™t work it is most likely in your settings. Mine wouldnt work on a mac but worked fine on an old laptop first try.

You can get around this by going to the mobile version of the site. :wink: The option to slow down the search is available in the script settings.

still nothingā€¦not on a mac or pcā€¦here is what I am seeing

Youā€™re on the mobile site, request the desktop version

1 Like

Lots of folks. I turned it down to 5/sec and havenā€™t been blocked since.

Wait about 15 mins and you should be unblocked. Or you could renew your WAN IP address from your ISP, since thatā€™s all theyā€™re blocking you with.

Yeah I did thatā€¦ its funny at first I heard unlimited/sec then 10/sec then 7/sec now 5/secā€¦ I wonder when they are going to get that down to 1/secā€¦ hopefully not

Thereā€™s likely multiple triggers to initiate a ban. If you go too fast for a short time, thatā€™s one way. Going slow enough to dodge that bullet, but doing it for a long time, is likely another. Itā€™s possible that thereā€™s a limit to the maximum requests over a rolling time period, so if you do too many in 8, 12, or 24 hours, regardless of how quickly, you could get the ban.

Safe to say the script was pulled due to pressure from Lowes. Even though sites like Brickseek offer similar functionality, I guess the fact that this script targeted the ā€œShipping Availableā€ glitch/screw up/vulnerability (depending on how you look at it) made it more of a target. I hope they donā€™t make me surrender my excel spreadsheet I use to calculate coupons :slight_smile:

I suppose that since itā€™s clear theyā€™re aware of this vulnerability itā€™s safe to assume someone at Lowes is monitoring this thread (and the Slickdeals thread, for sure)ā€¦ so any deals posted here will inevitably end up getting canceled. Itā€™s funny, I just today came across the invoices for one of my orders from last yearā€¦ I got 8 GE Z-Wave add-on switches for $58 shipped (all together, taxes and everything) and an Iris/Linear/Z-Wave garage door opener for $25ā€¦ sigh those were the days.

If youā€™re still keen to use the script, I suggest using a VPN (private internet access offers a pretty simple client/interface and has great service) so you can change your IP quickly, and as others have stated keep the requests per second under 5.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t count on the Loweā€™s pricing errors/script use to last much longer. They had a pretty awful quarter and are trying to tighten up the olā€™ purse strings. I donā€™t work for them anymore, but Iā€™m still in touch with a lot of current employees; apparently they slaughtered their assistant manager and department manager positions. Instead of 4-5 ASMs and 8-10 DMs per store, theyā€™re cutting back to 2-4 of each and making them share departments and zones. I canā€™t imagine theyā€™re going to be cool with people on the internet ordering tons of items that are supposed to be clearance at once specific store and taking the hit for selling below cost.

3 Likes

Or they now wonā€™t have as many people policing online orders and more will slip through without being canceled???

1 Like

script still working ?

Yes.

10 char.

I guess mom just likeā€™s me more than you

Are you talking about the script? It still works for me.

1 Like

Maybe someone can help me out. I had the script working for the longest. Had some issues with FireFox so I reset the whole browser and updated it. Now the script wont run. The Lowes website is missing the Check Price green button.