Lowes website

I have one. Basic wall wart transformer. DC input on the speaker is not water proof; nothing a little silicone won’t cure. Transformer could go in a box.

Does anyone have the math for the check digit on the Lowes codes. I know there someone on here charging for codes but…

I have not done it in a long time but I think it is something close to this.

Find a valid code
Valid code + 100007 (don’t carry over the 10s digit) unless you reach a new 1000000s digit, then it is + 100006 (don’t carry 10s)

Here is a sequence (all valid at time of posting)
470005438661958 ($15 off $50)

6 Likes

I’m waiting for the GE 127xx switches to start going on clearance now the new stuff is coming out… still need 11x12724 and 3x12730…

what new stuff?

I would expect Z-Wave plus capable switches to be replacing the current models.

1 Like

@dseg This item was released in October…

1 Like

They’ve been going on and off sale for months.

FWIW, I have a large home and have zero issues with my Z-Wave devices (no Z-Wave Plus).

The only issues I have are with one ZigBee device and it may actually be faulty.

However, I do recognize everyone’s set-up is different. I have a lot of Z-Wave devices so I guess my mesh is strong. I would just caution folks against thinking Z-Wave Plus is a sliver bullet to network issues.

1 Like

I have had no issues with all of my jasco/ge switches. I don’t really know what the plus version would do for me.

@Nezmo @smartcosa yep I had an issue with a couple of Z-Wave devices but I installed a few more 127xx switches and all was resolved, for the most part though I don’t get the issues people get with Z-Wave, like devices that people say need to be paired less than 10ft away from the hub I’ve paired just fine well over 50ft away.

I don’t need to wait for the 3rd gen GE switches, well, only to bring down the cost of the 2nd gen 127xx switches!

1 Like

Agreed. Same here.

I have no problem with the GE z-wave switches. I’ve had switchs pair over 50ft away too.
What does z-wave Plus offer than z-wave does not?

The biggest advantages to Z-Wave plus are range, bandwidth, battery life and OTA updates.

Range may not be an advantage based on your specific network, but it can reduce delays with packet transmission as devices may need fewer hops. Obviously in a mixed Z-Wave plus and classic setup you may not see the range benefit.

Bandwidth can improve situations when multiple commands are sent to a device simultaneously, but I believe SmartThings breaks multiple commands down and sends them serially (at least they do for ZigBee).

Battery life could be an important factor for some devices and also allows making devices smaller. Obviously mains powered devices at most see a slightly smaller electric usage.

I think OTA firmware updates are very important but unfortunately who knows if/or when they will be supported by SmartThings.

Yeah if you aren’t having issues, you pretty much won’t see any benefit from ZWP. I’m certainly not bothering.

The only z-wave devices I’ve ever struggled with are the garage door opener controls. Mine are the IRIS-branded ones, but they are also branded as GoControl, NuTone, etc. These may benefit from Z-wave Plus because the garage is a little further from most of the other z-wave devices, at least in my home. Once I finally got them to add correctly, and added more z-wave switches serving as repeaters, these seemed to function just fine.

Same here until I bought a yale zigbee lock and can’t for the life of me add it. And I have about 100 devices now.

From my experience, you have to get them close to the HUB (I’m talking like right next to it) and add them before installing on the door.

1 Like

I will try that. I know zwave you have to but zigbee said install first. then add. Might be a weekend project as its suppose to be in the 70’s this weekend. And its on my shed.

1 Like

@jhamstead
Tried your approach to generate additional codes but was not successful. I checked another code generator online without success too. Did lowes change their coupon algorithm?
Thx.

What message are you getting. It’s harder to find valid codes when the expiration date is close. Most have been used.