Looking for vibration sensor compatible with ST Hub v1

I have been using the SmartSense Multi Sensor successfully as my mailbox sensor for the last four years. Unfortunately, the stupid thing always dies when the battery runs out. I I bought my first SmartSense way back in April of 2015. The batteries finally died after close to two years, and I thought it would be a simple matter of just replacing the the two 4A batteries. Nope, new batteries did not revive it.

I reluctantly bought another one from a 3rd party seller as Smartthings came out with a version that is not compatible with my v1 hub. This one worked just like the first one, but also died like the first one. The battery conked out a week ago, and again putting new batteries is not reviving it. I don’t even see the LED light when the new batteries are in.

So, I am now in the market for a vibration sensor that is compatible with my ST Hub v1. Any recommendations ? The review for Monoprice Z-Wave Plus® Shock Detector, and Acceleration Sensor is underwhelming.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fibaro and Aeotec multi sensors both detect vibration and should work with the V1. Both are Z wave sensors, if that makes a difference to you. They are also not inexpensive. But might be possible candidates.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pages/search-results?limit=24&q=vibration

1 Like