Looking for use cases. What can SmartThings do for you?

If you’re going with a surge protector + smart plugs, consider the Zooz power strip that has each slot addressable separately as well as a few USB ports. (Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Power Strip ZEN20 VER. 3.0 - The Smartest House). It’s Z-Wave, not Zigbee but still might be better for your specific application.

1 Like
  1. I use a Ecobee thermostat. It seems to work really well and has a ton of flexibility. There are a few smart apps that will give you the kind of flexability you are asking with it. I use Ecobee Suite.
  2. I have a smartapp that i tweaked from another users. Basically it adjust the humidity based on outside temp as well to ensure you don’t run into a problem of creating moisture in your walls and such. The Smart app can turn on a humidifier, or dehumidifier based on current conditions. One problem with dehumidifers is that they have a compressor so you need to check a few things about the device you have. Mainly does it have the right cool off technology to prevent the compressor from being turned on and off two frequently if your device is controlled by a external source.

I need the Zigbee repeater in the rooms with the Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan / light controllers.

1 Like

I have the Honeywell RTH9850WF thermostat already implemented. Love it. It replaced the 30+ year old Honeywell manual thermostat the house was built with… I hadn’t even heard of the Ecobee when I got my Honeywell…

For the pending second zone (coming with the upgrade / replacement of my HVAC that is trying to die), I will likely go with another Honeywell…

Most likely going to go with…

Honeywell TH9320WF5003

Nothing against the Ecobee, a friend of mine is using them, I am just more comfortable having a single “platform” to manage than multiple different ones…