Looking for Recommendation - Video Doorbell System

@JDRoberts Thanks so much for the fast reply.

(And I would not use the doorbird at all. It doesn’t integrate with smartthings in any way, and it’s cheap for a reason. :wink: )

Right it doesn’t have native integration with SmartThings but I did find this post that shows how to do an integration workaround:

… but anyway, as I mentioned I am leaning against the Doorbird route.

Regarding cameras, my requirement is to be able to record locally. So that rules out the Blink and the Ring cameras I believe since they require cloud services and I don’t think they integrate with Blueiris.

Also, just to clarify, price is not really a concern for me - the doorbird is actually on the high-end price range for a doorbell system (almost $500) - again, not really a concern but one of the several benefits of a DIY system seems to be that it could be done cheaper than that.

Regarding the “Getting notifications throughout the house” - wouldn’t I be able to use the Aeotec Siren 6 for that? I’ll look into zooz or Dome as you mentioned though.

As I research more into this, it seems that my solution may end up being the Reolink camera (like this one: RLC-511W | 5MP 4X Optical Zoom WiFi Security Camera Wireless | Reolink Official) connected to BlueIris and then using the BlueIris integration with SmartThings:

But where I am stuck is:

#1 - understanding if it is possible to have blueiris trigger a notification on my phone when a button is pressed (i.e. whatever button for a doorbell I choose to use)

#2 - what device I can use for two-way audio at the door - and whether it can be controlled/communicated through via blueiris app … or if not, how do I tie everything together to work seamlessly camera+ two-way audio + doorbell button + door bell chime

1 Like