Looking for devices support 220V and do not need neutral wire

+1 on trying to use US spec products overseas.

I too have a US hub in a 220V market. I find this stuff to be cheaper in the US.

Have stayed away from power switches (other than a couple UK 220V wemo switches and bulbs) but would really like to integrate some into the system.

The Aeon labs switch discussed above seems like a good option (even the Amazon product page has some comments that it works in 220V markets).

Would love to hear about others doing the same and what products have worked for them outside the US.

Aeon Labs provided me this link: http://www.smarttocare.com/

They’re in China and give you a choice on the frequency of Aeon Labs product.
All products are stated as 90-260VAC, 50/60Hz in their tech specs.

How to order things with them ?
I’m afraid we must buy in large quantities.

Just like my observation with the component on it

Yes, Aeon Micro Energy Switchs (and the dimmers too) are compatible with 220 VAC. I’ve the same problem (using ST in South America) and some month ago wrote to aeon asking about compatilibty and they confimed me that that switches can be used on 220 VAC. I’m currently using 2 of them and they work great.

2 Likes

Hi Nico,

I am interested in starting to buy and install some wireless devices like electrical switches, door locks, etc. I am a newbie in wireless devices and having same situation with you as I live in Jakarta. I like to get your advices as I believe you have a better experiences and knowledge which are valuable for me to learn. I appreciate if you can PM me. I even have no idea how to PM you in this community

@nico89s: Hi Nico! I am also from Indonesia and I am looking to get SmartThings for my home. Glad to know that you’ve tried it before and it works.

Do you know what switches/locks/temp controllers work/do not work for SmartThings in Indonesia? And do I have to get additional items (transformers etc.) to get SmartThings to work, or would the US Package work out of the box?

Thanks so much appreciate the help! :smile:

Hi @jayle ! I’m from Vietnam too and I’m very interested in SmartThings but it seems that we cannot use it in our country , so if u have found out any solution for us , pls suggest me! By the way , is there a way that I can contact u? Your phone number, your zalo , facebook , email ,… Here is my email : sieusan294@gmail.com . Hope to hear from you soon

For 220v, so far there are 2 options I’ve tested for lighting and they work more than a year without any issue.
Aeon Labs switches & dimmers…
Philips Hue bulbs (even in their spec. it should be used with 110v only)

Enerwave has relay modules also can work with 220v.
There is a thread in this forum about 220v.
Just search 220v in the forum, you could find some good advises

Chào anh! Em xin phép được nói tiếng Việt cho tiện giao tiếp. Cám ơn anh đã
quan tâm.
Em đang muốn sử dụng Aeotec micro z-wave dimmer kèm với SmartThings hub
nhưng mà hình như mình phải mua cái Hub và cái Dimmer chung một tần số
Z-wave thì mới xài được. Em tìm trên mạng thì không thấy chỗ nào bán cái
Aeotec micro dimmer 230V cả. Anh có thể cho em trang web để mua sản phẩm
không?
Hi vọng anh sẽ giúp em vì em đang rất thích nhà thông minh nhưng đang gặp
bế tắc .

Vào 29-04-2017 01:15 AM, “Tam Tran” smartthings@discoursemail.com đã viết:

Tất cả Aeotec dimmers & switches đều dùng cho 220v ok