Looking for cheap Android tablet that supports Google Assistant from screen off

Thinking of upgrading my Home Automation system with wall mounted tablets around the house. As there’s a lot of cheap china tablets out there, it would be great with some help choosing the right one.

Here’s my use case:

1. Home Remote app will be used as remote controller.

2. Some solution of Tasker and Motion Detector app will be used to wake tablet by presence.

3. Google Assistant (OK Google) will be used as voice controller.

Home Remote and Tasker setup should work on every hardware, as long as the software is Android, the WiFi is reliable and there’s a usable front facing camera.

The issue is Google Assistance. What I’ve read is that to be able to wake the device from screen off, the device will have to support “From Any Screen”-setting: "From any screen: You can say “Ok Google” from any screen on your device if the screen is on or the device is charging. This isn’t available in all languages. ". This functionality is not supported for all devices and as I understand not possible to read from specs. Google Assistant will also require a microphone that is working ok. Requirements for Google Assitance copied from Wikipedia:

Android Marshmallow and higher (Android 6.0+) phones (with 1.5GB RAM or higher and 720p (HD) resolution or higher).

Did you ever figure this out? I’m interested in a similar use case.