Logitech will brick all Harmony Link devices in March (updated)

1 Like

They were going to have users buy the newer Harmony Hub. They claimed that only users under warranty would get new ones for free. The link is from 2011, doubt any are under warranty still. Due to user backlash, Logitech will replace all the Links for free.

1 Like

That’s what I don’t like about this @#$%. Now they will upgrade the users for free.

1 Like

Oh snap! I just realized I have one of those… I’m eligible for free replacement??

WOO HOO!!

EDIT: I just researched it a bit, and indeed it’s true. I had been looking to make that Harmony Link device work with ST, but it would not even update itself to the correct version to work at all.

Now it’s gonna be replaced.

And now i’ll be able to remotely - as well as by voice - turn off the entertainment unit in the bedroom when the wife falls asleep there. It’s a beautiful thing.

1 Like

According to Logitech, yes all owners of the Link get a free upgrade.

1 Like

I sure hope if SmartThings ever “bricks” Hub V1 (or V2) that they offer free upgrades! It’s certainly not their obligation to do so.

Then again; the cost of migration effort from Hub to Hub is much higher than the $50 bucks or so that a new Hub would cost. :cry:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

ever since I bought a dead-turkey Link and remote via Woot.com 3-4 years ago, it never worked for a second, I vowed they would have to pay me to get another Harmony product. So how much money should I demand?

They most likely won’t pay you for a product you bought 3 or 4 years ago. Just get the Harmony Hub when Logitech starts replacing the Links, for free.

1 Like

I would like to see that backup and restore feature work before they think of doing that…

1 Like
2 Likes