Logitech Pop Button

Sure! https://github.com/desertblade/Beddi_Connect

3 Likes

Really interested in this for our apt. Without a common wire, my attempts at installing a switch failed. And this solution seems far more flexible.

Right now we need a way to turn on the bedroom lamp for late-night feedings. We currently use the Alexa remote, but it can be cumbersome and inconsistent. Hoping a switch like this sitting on the headboard would be as easy as hitting a snooze button when half-awake.

There are a number of no-wiring devices which are available now ( most at a lower cost than the pop) that work with SmartThings as wall switches or table top buttons. There’s a list in the following thread (this is a clickable link) :sunglasses:

Thanks, I’ve seen a couple of these and the ones I looked at seems cheesy or just not quite as elegant and user friendly (thinking of a half-asleep wife trying to turn on the lights).

I’ll take a look at the others to see if I like any of them more.

1 Like

god i wish i could do that right now with my minimotes.

The Pop Switches will not talk to the Harmony Hub directly. They have their own bridge which has about the same outside perimeter dimensions as the switches and about 1 inch thick.

While the mobile app instructions say that it must be on the same Wifi network as the controlled devices, I found that not to be true for my SmartThings devices. It has a cloud-to-cloud integration so I was able to create a recipe on the switch that turned things on/off at home while I was 100 miles away. You can associate tap, double-tap and long-presses to do different things to different devices. Pretty cool actually.

The form factor might not appeal to all, but I see them being nice for like opposite ends of a long hallway, top/bottom of a stairwell and/or a nice nightstand switch. Your mileage may vary… :slight_smile:

BTW, they received high WAF :dancer:

2 Likes

Thanks for the information! :sunglasses:

The pop bridge must at least talk to the Harmony hub cloud to cloud, right? Because you can run harmony activities with the pop buttons. Or is that not true?

(I do understand that the pop bridge is an additional device that will also be required, i’ve edited my post above. )

Hey @JDRoberts, been a while.

Yes it talks to the Harmony hub. See: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/Working-with-Harmony-Hub?product=a0q31000009vuqLAAQ

Full KB is at:
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/pop-home-switch

Which includes how to hook up to SmartThings.
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/Working-with-SmartThings?product=a0q31000009vuqLAAQ

3 Likes

Do you know if pop bridge to harmony hub is local or not? Harmony normally runs fine on local wifi without internet once it’s set up, one reason it’s very popular for RVs. Is the pop going to require a cloud connection to reach the harmony hub?

1 Like

@JDRoberts,

Not sure. You should post that Q in their Forums.
https://community.logitech.com/s/topic/0TO31000000UKYZGA4/Home%20Automation

2 Likes

Can confirm WAF on the POP buttons is very high. Working great so far.

Edit: also, Logitech screwed up and shipped and add-on button. They then shipped a starter kit and told me to keep the extra button. Bonus!!

2 Likes

How much pressure does it require? (I’m always on the lookout for service dog-friendly buttons)

Not much. I would guess a dog could hit it with their nose without too much difficulty. I’ll try myself when I get home. Ahahaha

1 Like

Is the Logitec bridge necessary, or, can the Pop switch connect directly to the SmartThings hub? Trying to have fewer hubs.

Bridge is necessary unfortunately.

1 Like

Went home, pressed it with my nose. :laughing: Wasn’t very difficult. Dog should be able to do a single tap w/o issue. Would be impressed if you could train the long tap, and absolutely amazed for a double. :wink:

Definitely worth a try in my book. Let us know if you do!

1 Like

Usually I just put all three options to have the same effect, and that way I don’t have to worry about how long he presses it for. :sunglasses:

Thanks to a generous friend, my dog received a present of the pop starter kit today. Bridge and two buttons. There is an official SmartThings integration, which is cloud to cloud. Also an IFTTT integration, Phillips Hughes, harmony hub, and more.

My dog learned it very quickly and was using it after just two or three tries. It would be an excellent button for a child’s room if you were concerned about the Flic being too small.

It does need its own bridge, which is a wallwart you can stick in any outlet. Seems to work well, although there is a noticeable lag for some of the cloud cloud integrations, including SmartThings.

I’ve written a longer review in the remotes/buttons FAQ thread:

So for some people who find the Flic too small, this will be a very good choice. :sunglasses::dog:

@Tyler

3 Likes

I just received mine, have only just opened the box. It seems perfect for I want. We (just wife and I) have a finished basement which is set up with movie room, and play room for the grand-kids… but only used a few times a month and the lights are forever being left on. I’m putting this at the top of the stairs with the one button trigger to turn off every light downstairs when leaving. (I do have automation that will turn everything off eventually… but the wife doesn’t always want to wait for eventually.

(must admit, I haven’t looked at the list of alternative button option.

Have these they sort of work. They are so dumb that it’s impossible to troubleshoot when they don’t. Typical Logitech stuff. Bad app.