Login loop issue on Smartthings app using IOS - Need urgent community support as Samsung Support not helping (March 2021)

Up until 25th March 2021 my Smartthings app was working perfectly with all my smart home devices being controlled by the app. I needed to add a family member to smartthings to give access to the app, so followed the instructions and got her to scan the QR code on the application, an error message was displayed that said my user ID was in another country to hers.

Called UK telephone support number shown in the application. Support advised me to uninstall the application and reinstall, i did this with them on the phone. On trying to log back into the application by pressing get started, sign in via screen account.samusng.com the following error message is shown - “You’ve been signed out of your Samsung account automatically, Sign in again to continue using SmartThings” . I then click OK, and a loading image is shown, then the same error “You’ve been signed out of your Samsung account automatically, Sign in again to continue using SmartThings” is shown again.

Interestingly i am sent an email “New sign in to your Samsung Account” which would suggest that the application has logged into the server, however i cannot use the application. Also, whilst the loading image (a circle) is shown by clicking on the top left menu (three bars) i can see that the account is logged in for a few seconds (see picture 2), but then the error message above “You’ve been signed out of your Samsung account automatically, Sign in again to continue using SmartThings” (see picture 3)

This is a continuing loop and will repeat.

I have tried the following solutions with no success;
Reinstalled the application and rebooted the Iphone device.
Visited my samsung account and logged out the device, so there is no devices logged in.

Can anyone assist with this please as i have been unable to control my home for over 3 weeks now and is very annoying, Samsung support just tells me to uninstall, reboot cache and send log files which i have done.

Thank you community. Chris

tagging @Brad_ST

1 Like

As to the login loop, i just saw other people reporting it in one of the FB groups. My gut says something is up with the login service and its not just you…

As to how helpful support has been… Well.

1 Like

HI Nathan, Thanks for the reply, this has been really bugging me last few weeks and support has been really unhelpful, as a new Smartthings customer i’m really disappointed. I did read your post on current state with Smartthings moving from old to new platform and i agree they should be honest about the situation with their customers, i would have more understanding if they said the truth of the issue. Can you please add me to the facebook group as i would like to read what others are experiencing ?

Heres the link to the post i had in mind when i saw this: Facebook Groups

Create a custom profile in the advanced tab. Manufacturer: Samsung, Brand: Galaxy Tab, Model number: 6.

Thank you for including Brad he has managed to help me with this now and will be fixed shortly.

1 Like