Logging a light switch event that didn't happen (or logging it very late)

Really odd experience this morning. My system set away when I left, as it should, but then about 30 minutes later I receive a notification that an exterior light had been turned on. (This light is set to turn off when I leave if its on.) 8 minutes later the system logged the switch being turned off. I sent someone to the house and it doesn’t appear that anyone has been there. Looking back through the app, it doesn’t appear to have logged this light being turned on/off about 1.5 hour earlier when I let the dog out (I cannot recall if I actually turned it on then, though I usually do.)

Anyone experience anything like this? Do I have ghosts? No other lights were affected (even ones with the same exact switch.) This setup is about 3 months old and I haven’t experienced any similar problems. I recall seeing an email about an update, is this a related bug?

The log on the web says these were physical button presses:

The “physical” means it was initiated by the device, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a physical button press.

What’s the brand and model of the bulb/switch?

The reason I ask is that a number of people have reported that in the last few days their Osram bulbs are randomly turning on by themselves. This appears to have to do with a recent update regarding over the air (OTA) firmware updates. Although the updates are only available for Samsung branded devices, the hub is now sending out a message that it is available for OTA’s, and this message in and of itself appears to be confusing the Osram devices. (And some zigbee sensors as well). The response by the device is logged as “physical.”

That’s not necessarily what’s happening to you, but it’s a good example of something other than a button press resulting in a physical event in the log.

It’s a GE Z-Wave switch. I have several others in the setup that have not had any problems.

OK, then it probably doesn’t have anything to do with the recent update. It could be anything from a wiring fault to a cloud glitch. These can be tricky to track down. But I did just want to mention that the “physical” notation in the log just means that the event initiated with the device rather than a smartapp.

The next step is probably just to monitor it and see if it happens again, and then try to see if the light actually does come on or if it’s just a report.