Log a message to 'hello home' without push notification

(Danroot) #1

From a SmartApp, I would like to log a message to the “Hello Home” page (Dashboard -> notification list in the top-right), but do not want a push notification or SMS, which I think can be annoying. I don’t want every phone on the system to get notified, but want to check that my app ran and did what I expected. How do I go about this in a SmartApp?

Thanks!
dr

(Steve) #2

sendNotificationEvent("This will only be delivered to Hello, Home")

(Danroot) #3

exactly what I needed. Thanks!

I’m relatively new to SmartThings, how can I use this to prevent my son’s phone from getting notifications, but let my devices receive them? Do I need to add this code to each device type?

Thanks in advance!

(Bruce) #5

Just go into Notifications on your son’s phone and turn off SmartThings notifications.

Thank you. I was only looking in the app itself not the android notifications! That worked.

(Brian S. Lowrance) #7

Another idea would be to install the Action Dashboard limited to only the devices that you want your son to have control of, then put the link as a shortcut on his phone, then remove the SmartThings app from his phone.
http://action-dashboard.github.io/

You can install another instance of the Action Dashboard for others with different controls and do the same for them, including one for a central home console/tablet.

That is a good idea also @rayzurbock , What I ended up doing is creating Sharp Tools device icons on his phone and hiding everything else. I also disabled the notifications for the Smartthings App in the Android Settings.