Location migrated. Visonic contact battery replaced. Classic app sees it... new app doesn’t?

Title says it, but I’ll spell it out a bit.

I installed Visonic contact sensors a couple years ago. They work great.

Just last month, I migrated my hub to the new system. I’m using the new software… I’m getting used to it.

So the Visonic sensor on one of my windows is reporting -22% battery. Not 22, minus 22.
I replaced the battery.

The new app will not see the sensor. Says ‘offline’, and when I click it says “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again.” So I did the usual reset chores. Still not seen by the new app (the new discovery process is cumbersome, btw). Tried it for 20 minutes without success.

On a hunch, I went to the old app. The sensor is there, and reporting closed which is correct!

How do I get the new app to see this device correctly?

Login to IDE and change tHe device handler for the visonic sensor to smartsense open/close sensor. Refresh the new app and see if that resolves your issue.

Thanks, that worked.

I just noticed that many of my Iris contact sensors are also offline, even with fresh batteries. They were already set to SmartSense in IDE before the migration. I’ve tried editing them, re-setting them, and updating… no success.

Try choosing another device handler… Save… then change back to the smartsense device handler and save. Then refresh the new app.

Works! Thanks again!