Load control for a washing machine?

As part of my z-wave setup, I want limit possible flood damage from appliances in the house.

I’m planning to get a flood sensor (Fibaro) to put under my washing machine, and then if the flood sensor is tripped, I want to cut off the water supply with a shutoff valve (FortrezZ), and I want to cut power to the appliance. I don’t want the appliance to continue trying to run without water.

What would you use for controlling on/off power to the appliance? My first thought would be a GE 45605 outlet, but it seems they’re not rated for the load of a large appliance.

From the description: “WIRELESS LIGHTING MODULE WITH Z-WAVE TECHNOLOGY; ADDS REMOTE ON/OFF CONTROL TO FLUORESCENT FLOOR & TABLE LIGHTS OR SMALL APPLIANCES LIKE FANS; DECORATOR-STYLE DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR A STANDARD DUPLEX RECEPTACLE; 1 Z-WAVE CONTROLLED & 1 ALWAYS-ON PASS-THROUGH OUTLET; MAXIMUM LOAD OF Z-WAVE OUTLET: 600W, 1/2 HP MOTOR; MAXIMUM COMBINED LOAD OF BOTH OUTLETS: 15A, 1800W, RESISTIVE”

I want to do the same thing with my dishwasher. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable product that can handle the load of a washing machine, or a dishwasher?

James,

How about the Intermatic CA3750? Looks like a high-current relay that has a Z-Wave radio. I believe it’s discontinued now but looks like some inventory is still available online at Amazon and others.

Not sure what ST would recognize it as when included to the system - maybe an On/Off switch.

Jim

Try this…