Live Logging Links seem to be broken

Anyone else experiencing problems with the links in live logging? I previously was able to click on a smartapp and only see entries for that particular app.

I made a search of the forums but did not find a reference to this issue so more than likely it may just be me.

I’m on a mac and have tried safari and chrome with the same results.

Thanks!

@midyear66, I have the same issue… It seems to be a new ‘platform’ issue since the last upgrade(s)…

@tslagle13, can somebody from ST look into it? Thnx!!

1 Like

same here, noticed it yesterday afternoon (4PM GMT).

1 Like

Just to follow up - this fix has been coded and is planned to go out with our next release. Which is currently scheduled for sometime this Tuesday.

2 Likes

@jeffblaisdell Thanks for the quick response!

I’ve had an open trouble ticket with Support on this issue since Monday morning, 9/21. The update I received yesterday was that the “devs are aware of this issue” and working on a fix, but no ETA.

OK, it’s Wednesday and it’s still broken. This makes debugging code extra difficult!!

We strive to release once a week, however our Tuesday release has been delayed in QA.

We will deploy as soon as possible; I will update this thread once it has been deployed.

It’s really not cool that QA wasn’t on this before the last release, that broke this important feature. So they release the bugs, and hold the fixes. Nice.

live log filtering worked just now. No telling if it sticks.

1 Like

The deploy has completed, and the live logging filters should be functional again.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

@jeffblaisdell Works like a champ! Thanks again!