List of Default or Built-In Installed Smart Apps?

There are some helpful lists of official apps available from the SmartThings app and IDE, yet I have not been able to identify a list of the default or built-in Smart Apps (e.g. Super LAN Connect) to the Samsung SmartThings Smart Home Hub. After setting up my hub last week, I removed some of the built-in apps and want to restore them (if possible) without doing a factory reset of the hub.

I’m replying to my own post with an update that I received from the SmartThings support team regarding two of the built-in Smart Apps. I hope this helps others.

Super LAN Connect
“Super LAN Connect is the V2 Hub’s module which allows for it to discover LAN connected devices such as a Phillips Hue Bridge.”

Weather Station
“Weather Station … is responsible for pulling local time, weather, sunrise /sunset times etc. This is then used by automations so that they will execute at the correct time.”

(Brad) #3

To clarify, Super LAN Connect applies to all Hub types, not just Hub v2. And specifically it is used for discovery of Samsung speakers, Bose speakers, Sonos, WeMo, and Philips Hue,