List of all Officially Published Apps from the MORE category of Smart Setup in the Mobile App [deprecated]

Such a great list. I wish the app did this.

2 Likes

Where do I find and get Community Created SmartApps? I’m looking for ways to use all my random different devices that ST can’t seam to locate. Mainly cameras but also door locks, security system contacts, motions, heat, smoke, carbon, water, key fobs, other phones, and tablets, stereo… I have all this wireless stuff and the only thing that works with this is my Vivint thermostat and light switch. Do I download each one of these homemade apps with a link? I can see a few in the ST app but none of those I need. Do I need to make my own apps? I have no idea how to do that? If I can at least get all my IP cameras to work with this some how it will be worth the purchase. I have a bunch of wireless eBay cameras and extra cells phones I wanted to use as cameras. This stuff is so confusing and frustrating. I thought ST worked with way more things and would be easy to integrate all my random things. I hate this. At least my thermostats change in there own and one of my lights turn on when I get home. lol Defiantly not worth buying ST for.

I wish my #fitbit would do something useful like that.

It can be pretty confusing!

Why don’t you start with the following, which introduces the various ways that you can control devices with SmartThings. You don’t have to write your own code, although you can if you want.

You might also want take a look at the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki. These lists are in three sections: smart apps, device type handlers, and project reports. That’s usually the quickest way to find code that other members have shared.:sunglasses:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

For community developed, non-official apps, there is no one place. However, do a search in this forum for your device. You may find the appropriate app with a link for download and installation instructions. If you find an app, the first time will take 15 - 30 minutes. After that, 5 to 10 minutes.

In the Smart Lights app inherent in the SmartApps tab when trigger “sunset +/-” is selected for when to “turn on” lights it automatically selects “sunrise +/-” as the only “turn off” option. Is there a way to modify this to allow “turn on” at “sunset +/-” and “turn off” at a “specific time” as an option? Or for that matter mix and match any of the defined “turn on” triggers can be used for “turn off” as well? I have a few outdoor lights I’d like to be able to turn on when it’s just getting dark and turn off at like 10:30. Looked at Lighting Director but seems a bit overkill for this.

You have to do it with two different smart lighting automations. One that turns on at sunset, and one that turns it off at 10:30. It’s annoying, but it should work fine.

Thanks. I guess that’s how I’ll do it. Too bad though as it seems it wouldn’t take much to add this to the standard Smart Lights app.

1 Like

The Smart Lighting app is giving me an error every time I try to save. Is the support for this app still available?

I am trying to use the Thermostat Window check app and it is not doing anything. No push notifications or TXT if the thermostat goes into cooling with the windows open. Any idea why?

How do I add these apps to my list? I am a iOS user and don’t see the option for marketplace

You are responding to a post which is two years old. A lot of things have changed in that time and these are no longer available, things are done differently now.

That’s why the thread says “deprecated“ in the title. When you see that word, it means the code/options are no longer functional on the platform.

Uhh uhh let me know. How is it done differently?

Show me all the material.

Smartthings is in the middle of a huge transition: new app, new hub, new cloud platform. The groovy implementation that the smartapps listed in this thread used is being removed.

Moreover, the custom automation creator in the new app is able to do a lot of things that the official features in the V2 classic app could not do, so many of the smartapps that were listed in this thread are now handled by the official features. :sunglasses:

The best thing to do is to pick one use case and post a question in the automation ideas category, and then people will be able to help you figure out how to do it with the current features. :sunglasses: You can post as many individual threads as you like, one for each use case. Make sure you specify what kind of phone you have, which version of the app you are using, and what model have you had as the available solutions do vary a bit.

https://community.smartthings.com/c/smartapps/automation-ideas

When can we expect the groovy IDE to end its life?
Will there be a feature for advanced user needs?

I apparently just vasted 100 USD on a ST V3. What should I do with that? :-1::dizzy_face:

They haven’t said exactly when groovy support will go away. Your other question really belongs in the developer section of the forum, but the answer is, there’s an entirely new developer platform being created, and that should meet the needs of many power users.

See, for example, this recent discussion:

Need help in understanding Smartthings API

As to whether your hub will meet your needs once the transition is complete, I can’t say. There are now more devices and a better rules creator in the new app, but it’s not an exact duplicate of the previous features. So I’m not sure what your expectations were, but again, this discussion probably goes in the developer section of the forum.

Or start your own thread in projects laying out just what you’re looking for and people should be able to help you dissect whether or not you’ll be able to get that from smartthings.

https://community.smartthings.com/c/projects-stories