Linear WD500Z-1 HELP!

@codytruscott I’m seeing the same indicator behavior as you. The when on = when off seems to work for me so I’m not that bothered by it.

Yeah, my LED indicator operates the same as yours, broken. LoL but same as most, I have it on when off so it’s no big deal if the app reads wrong.

That is what I see as the behavior Parameter 1 = Parameter 3 in the Linear configuration quick guide which came with the switch

YEA!

These really do work! If you wire them correctly (and with a caveat)…

I spent all day trying to figure out why they weren’t working. I assumed one was DOA, so I wired another… No joy. Rather than trying to prove Einstein’s definition of insanity I swapped what appeared to be the load and the hot wires and find that the first switch I wired was atypical. Swap the hot and load and ‘Voila!’ success!

They immediately paired and worked with the ST hub.

Now, does ST recognize state? When I turn them on with ST, then turn them off from the wall, ST still shows them as “On” when the definitely are not. Any thoughts?

Regards,

If you swap them the switch does not work at all , at least that is what I found with the Linear’s I had. Then had to swap aka do the right thing. For the light indicator this is how this switch is wired , it does not bother me but it does not have the support to keep all three parameters working like the other Zwave switches. I have mine on a schedule so it works great for me. I have rules where I use the motion sensors to dim the recessed lights every 10% or so when there is no motion detected

I have one of these I am trying to install but I only have three wires white, black, and ground. How do I wire this in without a blue wire to the load. I know this is not on its own circuit. The idea of re wiring does not thrill me,

Maus

What are you trying to control without a load? Smart bulbs?

Recently, I bought a bunch of WD500Z-1, everyone works well, but one switch’s led light is OFF when the switch is OFF, but turn on when I turn on the switch…

Weird… not sure what to do with it. Anyone knows why? and How to resolve it?

You can try changing it in preference. @codytruscott mentioned a couple poste above the led and preference settings don’t match.

I have one of these switches that will not pair with the hub. Folks mention double tapping in exclusion mode, but my question is double tapping which rocker; the up one or the down one? I’ve tried both and I can not get the switch to reset.

Hi Cody,

Do you know the steps to reset the switch? I’ve got one that will not pair and the instructions mention nothing on how to reset the unit.

I don’t know if this is right but I think it worked for me. I put the ST in discover mode then pressed the down 3 times quick then up three times quickly paused for a few seconds then held the up and ST found it. or I double tapped holding the up and it found it… lol

I put the mobile app in searching mode, then double tapped the up twice, it was found.

An addition to if you have issues is try putting the STH in exclude mode and double tap the switch wait 30sec put it back in include mode and double tap the switch again. Has that issue where it seemed to belong to a network or disnt add right and needed to be reset.

I had the same issue. What finally worked was to “exclude” it and then pair it again. I also disconnected the hub and reconnected it You must have a "neutral for it to work.

I’m sorry to bump such an old thread, but I’m not able to pair this thing (WD500Z-1).
I wired it up according to instructions and it ‘works’ just fine as a light switch, but it won’t pair.

I have tried both methods that I could find…

1. the way it says in the included instructions (put system in include mode, and tap either up or down once)
  2. in some thread, somebody said to do a quick double-tap

Exactly what did you do to pair it?

Any ideas…anybody? :slight_smile:

Also, which device type are you using with these?

Unpair it using zwave General device exclusion (or, preferably a minimote)

1 Like

Thanks!
I just found that and did it, and was just coming back to say I figured it out.
Wow, what a crazy device…like it comes already paired with something from the factory lol

Now, which device type are people using with this thing?

Just use the standard zwave dimmer device for local control. Be aware that the indicator light preference doesn’t work properly for most switches.

1 Like

So, you mean the one named “Dimmer Switch”?

I did notice the goofiness with that indicator light. I will likely paint it or something.

However, it’s not correctly reporting its state in the SmartThings app.
Is that only a UI problem? (i.e. I won’t know, but SmartThings will in the background)