Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave - Stays as "Unknown"

Bingo it was the battery in the small box attached to the door.

I had issues with unknown status after replacing the battery after a low battery warning. I tried everything and could not get it to work. Repairing the sensor, resetting the GD00Z, power cycling, excluding and re-including in Smarththings, nothing worked. After the 12th time removing the sensor from the door to recheck the battery connection, the battery fell out and onto the floor. It landed positive side down. On the negative side was a little sticker that was preventing contact. Removed that and it worked perfectly with the next door cycle.

Now to go back and add it back into my automations, dashboards, notifications. I guess that is my penance for being a dumbass.

That fixed it for me. Thanks!

This is fantastic. I spent a week and gave up. Is the 7 second pairing the tilt sensor In the Manuel? That fixed mine. There are so many people suffering because they don’t know that the tilt sensor is necessary for the door open and close to function. God bless you I even bought a brand new one and now I can send that one back since my old ones working fine. Thank you so much for sharing this.