Linear GD00Z-4 GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener--

Installed the Linear GD00Z-4 GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener, it worked fine with open/close when people arrive/leave. Only one thing I can not figure out how to make it to work: When performing “Good night”, I want it to close ifit not closed yet. But the “garage door” did not not show up in the “Garage doors” section (ST says no available options), Instead, the garage door opener showed up in the “light or switches”. Does anyone know how to fix this? thanks!

Here is the app I use to control mine (I have the same model):

It’s an older version than the one I run but it still works. The one I run also has options for outlets to kill power to when the mode is changed.

1 Like

If you use a modified device type for the door, you can make it work.

or

Thanks! I will try it tonight.

It finds the garage opener as i can see now, but will it close the garage door if the door is not closed?

1 Like

My version will close the door when the mode changes only if it’s open.

Cool! Exactly what I needed.

Thanks, John. I am using Enhanced Z-wave garage door opener right now. Will also test RB’s tonight.

My opener has 4 connections points, but the GD00Z-4 has 2 wires. How do I connect it? I’m thinking 2 of them may be for the remote console on the exterior of the house…the one that requires a 4-digit code.

I’m at my wits end. I’ve tried everything found in multiple threads where people have had issues with this unit.
Somehow I ended up with 2 of them in my devices and can’t exclude the 2nd one.

Going to return unless someone has a new idea that hasn’t already been shared.

Is there a way to get a text message with this instead of just a notification? thanks