[OBSOLETE] Lightwave RF Integration (UK)

i took mine to LW and they installed a new firmware that slows the motors down and they lubricated the gears, the one in my bedroom work me up before but its very quiet now. on the whole they are good for the money

Moved to evohome much better

Thanks for the feedback - that is good to know. I still havenā€™t committed, but have my eyes on Evohome too.

Hi @adamclark_dev, just wanted to thank you for all the work youā€™ve done in getting this integration working.

Iā€™ve installed Node.js on my Windows 10 box, along with node-windows to get your code running as a service and it works a dream. Wall/ceiling dimmer lights and power socket on/off devices are all up and running!

Many thanks for sharing your efforts on this forum.

I have dimmers integrated with ST using a Raspberry Pi.
It has just started turning on 2 dimmers when one is turned on.
When I look at the commands being sent by ST to the lightwave hub only one command is being sent to the correct dimmer.
Itā€™s as if the dimmer is holding 2 lwrf idā€™s.
If i give the dimmer a new ud it stops.
Has anyone else seen this?
Pretty sure itā€™s a lw issue btw.

Have you tried re-pairing the devices with the Lightwaverf hub ? I had the opposite problem of only one bulb triggering when both should have come on, only way I could solve it was delete the items and add them back in again.

Yes I tried that. No joy Iā€™m afraid.
The way I got round it was to prefix the offending dimmers with old in the lwrf app, define new dimmers and pair them.
That way they got a new id within the room and I then changed the id in the ST device.
Problem solved.
Not a major issue.
Just wondering if anyone else had seen the issue and how you got round it.

Glad to hear it is not just me that has this issue! Only way to get around is to clear the memory on the LWRF device but not delete the device in the app and instead prefix it with ā€˜oldā€™. Adding another device into a new room and then this does work (until it breaks again). Means I am getting more and more rooms in the app. Interestingly, all of my devices in room 1 have stopped working and room 3 starting to suffer the same. Definitely a LW issue and not with the code.

Frim my perspective at least it only means my dimmer list is getting bigger in the LWRF app.
I never use this list anyway.
From an ST point of view I just increase the device id by one.
Iā€™ve searched the Lwrf forum and couldnā€™t find anything.
I will raise this issue there.

Do you still need the lightwave hub to do this or can it run direct through smart things. I ask as Iā€™m about to but some lightwave stuff but have been looking at the smart things Hub as it can do a lot

@PJM

Yes, you definitely still require the LightwaveRF WiFi-Link (hub).

Hi All,

Im sorry if this has already been asked but Iā€™m getting lost following this thread and would like to integrate Lightwave RF with my Smarthings. I have the new light wave hub, which does not have a pin code so I guess i have to purchase Raspberry Pi3. I have no problems buying this, but i have never used it and not sure what to do with it one Ive got it. Ive seen Adams instructions on youtube. Is it as simple as copying everything he does on the video?

Also, i noticed Adam was using Debian, does the Raspberry have the same software?

Thanks guys
Mitch

If you bought a new hub, you should have all the information needed to connect you hub and LW devices.
You can then use ST to talk to the LW hub, cloud to cloud, to control your LW devices. This will cause some delay as it is cloud to cloud.
The raspberry pi works by the ST hub talking to the pi and then the LW hub through your local network therefore speeding up the response time.

Hi - Thanks for the reply. Im not sure what information im missing in this case. When i installed as per instruction it states username and pincode. But I have password and LWRF are not issuing pin codes.

However, I do prefer the sound of the Raspberry so i have ordered one. In the mean time is there a way to get smarthings to control the light switches with the New LWRF hub using a Password instead of a Pin Code. If so, could you point me to the right instructions.

Also, my LWRF app is totally different to the one Adam had for location purposes. But I guess the method is still similar to control the light switch?

Thanks again for your kind support.

I must admit I donā€™t remember having to put a pin code in. It was quite some time ago though.
I have installed a Raspberry pi and it does work well. Not too much delay.
I did have to update the pi as the install failed initially.
I would recommend you do this first.

EDIT. See post 304.

Hi again - I have received Raspberry Pi3 and followed the steps by adam setting up the Node Server. But when i get to the part at 6:15 on youtube mine states Server Running then comes up with this. Any ideas?

Hi Bob -I also updated the Pi like you mentioned also. Getting really stuck here

Thanks for your help

@Obextra

The ā€œEADDRINUSEā€ error means your port is already open. I guessing the ā€œserver.jsā€ script crashed, but the port was left open. It is a common issue when initially setting this up. You need to manually ā€˜killā€™ the process.

1. Type in ps aux | grep server

2. You should receive a list of processes that relate to ā€œserverā€, find the row which contains ā€œserver.jsā€

3. In the second column of that row, there is number, e.g. 29289

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ps aux | grep server pi 7881 0.0 1.1 4272 1888 pts/0 S+ 17:51 0:00 grep --color=auto server root 29289 0.3 7.9 84608 13092 ? Sl Apr25 3:43 /usr/local/bin/node /var/www/lwrf/server.js

4. Now type in ā€˜sudo kill -9 29289ā€™ and press enter

The process will be killed and the port closed, allowing you to run the ā€œserver.jsā€ again - without the error.

Hope this helps.
Chris.

Hi Chris - Thanks for your help but i get this?

In work now but it looks like you need to kill 2 processes. 790 and 1359.
That will let you run the server.js script again.

Cheers
Chris