[OBSOLETE] Lightwave RF Integration (UK)

ok so my view from a completely non techy user…

The update seems to have changed something in the way commands to devices are queued and can lead to “build up” and backlog of commands that simply stops the integration from working when selecting devices in the SmartThings app and hitting the on and off buttons.
Possibly this was one of the solutions to help speed up the lag across the platform. My interpretation is that if a command is sent from the Raspberry Pi but takes too long to reach the hub it is simply getting thrown away and doesn’t keep resending until it gets through.

Sometimes it seems I can clear the backlog by switching the device on via the Lightwaverf app then going into the SmartThings app and activating the device but then next time I switch on/off a device the SmartThings app doesn’t work again.

Routines for me seem to have been completely unaffected, all of my lights still turn on or off via the “Gentle Wake up” apps and timed routines.

I guess @adamclark_dev is probably busy at the moment but I think there’s no other way round this without his advice on whether changes to the code on the Raspberry Pi will help with the command queuing issue.

Hi,

Mine has stopped working to.

I may try to reinstall it tomorrow.

Well after much experimentation I seem to have a workaround but it isn’t brilliant. Turning on and off seems to create the issue , with the lights getting stuck in an on state but am left unable to switch off.
Operating the device with the Lightwaverf app seems to clear this temporarily but it soon stops working.
However … dimming via the slider seems to still operate , so my workaround is to slide down to Zero to switch lights off.

Don’t have a solution for switches though .

Hi Tim,
Did you try completely deleting and rebuilding a device ?
I have not suffered with the same issues as you with the LWRF kit - mine has behaved but my experience on some other issues says this may be worth a try ? Just try a single item ?

1 Like

not yet but I’m going to carry on experimenting tomorrow so will have a try and let you know how I get on.

So an update from my end… and I really have to say this is weird.

My routines are now running perfectly. I was just about to try what @davew44 suggested, was about to remove a device from all smart apps then thought, ahh what the hell lets try it again…

Presto, it worked. :confused: … I tried it a few times, evening watched the live logs on both the IDE and the PI. none of the errors I was receiving before. So as it stands :pray: everything is running perfectly as before the update.

Before I get too excited though I’m going to be repeatedly testing it over the next few days.

2 Likes

Good! Let’s hope you’re all ok.

@adamclark_dev - Just wanted to say thanks. Awesome bit of kit. All my LWRF switches and dimmers are now working flawlessly from the ST app. Just finished integrating Sonos and Amazon Echo too. Me and the kids are loving it, the Mrs however aint so sure :grin:

I have a LWRF Energy Monitor, just trying to get that linked now. Have you or anyone had any success?

Good work pal and thanks :beers:

@Chris_Lambourne - Glad to hear it’s working well for you. The energy monitor should be easy to intergrate, haven’t got one yet, but when I do, will put up the code.

@CraigJohn, @Tim_Raynor, @davew44, @dthomp13 - All seems to be working fine for me now after restarting the PI.

Best Wishes,
Adam

2 Likes

strangely enough mine is still a bit flaky despite deleting and re-adding devices and re-booting the pi.

Lights will switch on but then not switch off. If they do switch off, it seems to take a lot longer than it used to,

@adamclark_dev - Thanks Adam. I found this on Git which may help for the Pi side of the Energy Monitor. Guess it will still need a Groovy on the ST side.

LightwaveRF.prototype.requestEnergy = function(callback) {
	this.sendUdp("@?\0", function(error, content) {
		if (error) {
			//Send error back
			callback(error);
		} else {
			//Determine if this is the energy monitor
			//ID,?W=current,max,today,yesterday (all kwh)
			var values = content.substring(3).split(",");
			callback(undefined, {
				current:   parseInt(values[0], 10),
				max:       parseInt(values[1], 10), 
				today:     parseInt(values[2], 10),
				yesterday: parseInt(values[3], 10)
			});
		}
	});
}

Hi folks and thanks Adam for your hard work. I’ve just got the LightwaveRF Link (LW930) new model which replaces the old hub to try out a LightwaveRF dimmer and works a treat. Thanks Adam!

Is it possible to get one of the LightwaveRF remote control switches (wireless) to integrate with Smartthings, ie. would act as a Smartthings switch and therefore automate other actions? I am presuming those LWRF remotes only speak to the LWRF hub and there is no way to poll the hub or device as its one way or is there?

Hi @adamclark_dev

Hope you well mate, strangely my issue is back again :weary:

Worked for 3 days, then the last couple of days its back to doing this error.

/var/www/lwrf.js:181
    if(this.queue.length > 10) this.queue.clear();
                                          ^

TypeError: this.queue.clear is not a function
    at LightwaveRF.exec (/var/www/lwrf.js:181:43)
    at LightwaveRF.turnDeviceOff (/var/www/lwrf.js:106:10)
    at Object.exports.lwrfToggle (/var/www/helpers.js:28:8)
    at null.<anonymous> (/var/www/server.js:12:10)
    at process (/var/www/handler.js:8:19)
    at Server.<anonymous> (/var/www/server.js:22:10)
    at emitTwo (events.js:88:13)
    at Server.emit (events.js:173:7)
    at HTTPParser.parserOnIncoming [as onIncoming] (_http_server.js:529:12)
    at HTTPParser.parserOnHeadersComplete (_http_common.js:89:23)
error: Forever detected script exited with code: 1
error: Script restart attempt #1
Server running
Receiver socket listening 0.0.0.0:9761

Restart of both Smart Hub, and Node Server makes no difference, might be destine to start a fresh :tired_face:

did you start afresh Craig ? did it make any difference?

Mine is still very inconsistent .

Hi @Tim_Raynor,

No not yet, business is so busy at the moment I have not had the time.

Perhaps sunday, but my routines are now non existent, nothing I do gets it to work at all now. So i can do is turn items off manually, pain in the arse lol. I keep running out the door in the morning and leave half the house on and the routine turns the devices off according to ST but the devices are all still on.

Then I remember halfway through the day and have to turn them on then off manually :tired_face: lol

I love lightwave switches but I think the hunt is back on to fully move away from LWRF and get zwave setup. Might go for the same as what I have done in my kitchen, Aeotec Switch and a fancy Retractive switch.

It’s really weird because my routines all seem to working fine still. It’s the manual side of things that get a bit screwy now and again.
The SmartApps I’m using with ST are just the standard Gentle Wake Up , and Turn on when someone arrives type . I haven’t set anything up with Rule Machine for example.

I did get so fed up with not being able to turn on the Front room or bedroom light that I ended up finding a couple of cheap(ish) LIFX bulbs on Ebay and I must say I’m impressed with their integration with ST.
No problems with them so far. However I can’t really afford to swap out all of my Lightwaverf bulbs so it’s going to have to be a mix and match system for a while longer

Its really odd, i am defo going to try and start again, it just seems odd its happened from that update and before that it was pitch perfect everytime. Yet different issues with different people.

I have looked at a few options, and a friend also said to get something like the Hue or similar but I assume the LIFX have the same issue as the Hue in which you ultimately have to keep the light switches turned on for remote functionality to work, which for me personally I can not handle it LOL.

I still at times like to use the switches and nothing would annoy me more than having to tell people not to use the switches. :scream:
I have a lot of people over on a regular basis for parties etc and often have a couple stay in the guest rooms so it just seems to much hassle for me personally but I have been told they work great. So i need to retain the switch so exploring time again… and more money to spend … Mehhh :disappointed:

The thing that attracted me to the LIFX was no need for another hub . I’ve already got the ST , the Lightwaverf hub and the Samsung Multiroom hub , was really glad I didn’t need to add another to the shelf !!

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks to Adam for some great work and clear instructions. All up and running here with the Pi.

Do you think this would be able to run along side Adam’s code on the Pi? If I could get the mrs to talk to everything rather than using the hardware switches messing up the light states it would be very helpful :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Richard