Lightning Deal - Securifi Peanut Smart Plug $10

What Custom DTH are you using?

it’s by @pakmanwg and at the bottom of this post below. The same member that created the custom code for multi purpose use for the Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door Window Sensor

1 Like

Did you have to update the firmware? I don’t have an Almond, or way to borrow one. I asked the writer of the DTH for the GitHub settings for future updates as I was unable to find that info.

Forgot to mention about the firmware of the plug. You do need to update it. I was lucky enough to update the plug before giving the almond hub away.

Then it looks like I bought the plug for nothing, unless it has newer firmware. I wonder if almond would do it for me?

I’ve been considering posting this, but I guess I’ll go ahead. I bought an Almond 2015 specifically for this reason. They are on eBay regularly for ~$35. I have three Peanuts and have successfully updated the firmware in all three and can use the energy monitoring in ST. If anyone would be interested, they could mail their Peanuts to me round trip and I will gladly take the 15 minutes to update the firmware and send it back. Similarly, if anyone has a Peanut that they can’t use, I would be interested in buying it. I bought the ones I have to replace my Wemo Insight plugs and I still have a few more to replace. Just an offer to the community and hopefully that doesn’t go against any guidelines.

1 Like

Thank you for the offer, I might just take you up on that. As soon as I get my plug and test it, I will know if it need the update.

1 Like

AFAIK All peanuts ship with the original FW, which doesn’t support power reporting. If I had thought about it, I would have updated all my extra $5 Peanuts before I gave my A+ to the son. Well I can always try and remember to bring them with me sometime we go visit the grandkids.

I’m putting the batteries back in the hub, and giving myself a calendar reminder to check it monthly for issues. Too many momentary outages without them in there.

Just get a cheap UPS. It’ll be cheaper than the batteries in the end.

1 Like

I have high hopes, but I will do what is necessary.

I have had my Hub on a UPS from the beginning, and the batteries removed. I am thinking about getting a cheap TP-Link Smart Plug, not on SmartThings, and reboot auto once in a while.

1 Like

I grabbed one of the $5 TP with a Dot deals for just that reason. Set up timer it turn off every Monday at 3am, turn back on at 3:30am.

Yes that is the one I am interested in.

Man, what a deal that was. I grabbed a couple, wish I’d grabbed more

That’s a good point. Especially since your post reminds me that I have one that has fallen into disuse, that I could easily reassign to that task.

1 Like

UPS reassigned. Wireless router and ST hub and Alexa Connect hub are on it.

Hue bridge is on a surge-only outlet on the same UPS.

What is a $5 TP? and what is a Dot deal?

Alexa Dot. :slight_smile: They had a deal if you bought a Dot you got the plug cheap.

what would you use these for?
I can’t see many uses, anything in a kitchen has an on off switch…
Maybe a lamp or christmas lights not to may uses i can see in my place…

If nothing else just as a repeater if your Zigbee mesh needs bolstering. I’m going to grab one just for this reason.