Lighting Director and Lux problems

(Dave N) #1

Lighting Director has been awesome since it was released. Lately though, it has been ignoring Lux readings and randomly turning on lights even though the lux levels indicate it shouldn’t; this started after the platform upgrades.
Anyone else experiencing these issues? I looked at using the supported ST version but it has no lux variable which makes it useless IMHO.

New App: Lighting Director
(Mike Maxwell) #2

I’m not using lighting director, but I have several apps that I wrote that do use LUX values, and they have been working fine.
One in particular fires when any dimmer turns on, so it gets executed quite often.

(Tracy) #3

Same; I’ve written an app that sets light brightness based on lux and it’s been working fine for multiple lights. Both apps are used daily.

(Travis Muszynski) #4

Are there any good apps out there that just send the off command when lux gets below a certain level?

Try “Brighten Dark Places”

(Dave N) #6

I deleted my IDE install of Lighting Director and re-installed from the ST library now that it’s official supported. Since then (2 days) the LUX has been obeying the prime directives.

(Dave N) #7

Nah, I lied. All yesterday the living lights were coming on even though I have the LUX trigger set to 250 and it was >1000 all day. :frowning:

(JT) #8

Hey Carinda, would you be willing to share the app you wrote for lux? I’ve also been affected by Lighting Director’s lux issues.

(Dave N) #9

Interesting test so far. I noticed that every time the errant trigger occurred (violating the LUX threshold) the log showed the first thing it tried to do was set the level, in my case 40%. As I don’t seem to have the problem in the kitchen (not variable) I tried removing that part of the setup and so far the living room is obeying the programming. No one every changes the level from 40% anyway so I can live with that until ST fixed the app no that it’s official (hint hint).

(Tracy) #10

Sure - but be warned, it’s pretty messy. I mashed in some additional settings to make it more generic when I ended up with more than one place to implement (but with light level settings). So it’s a little awful on the configuration side. I probably aught to take another look at it.