Light Follows Me troubles

Anyone have any issue with this app recently? I use it to turn on a zwave switch that is connected to a fan. A smartsense motion triggers it when the room is occupied and turns it off after 10 (or whatever I set) minutes of inactivity. It’s been working flawlessly until a couple days ago when the app just doesn’t send the Off command even when motion time limit is reached.

I have contacted support but wanted to check if there’s any quick fix.

(Gray) #2

Exact same problem here. I have the timeout interval set to 5 minutes, and it had worked fine for months. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but haven’t had any luck.

(Todd Wackford) #3

Started doing the same thing here 3 days ago.

(Gray) #4

I also noticed that it now sends on commands whenever motion restarts, even if it’s only been a few seconds. This has no effect if the lights are still on, but seems odd (and I don’t think this is how it behaved before, but I don’t know for sure). An example log showing this and the failure to turn off after a period of inactivity:

13 Oct 2013 18:09:39 - 1 hour ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 2
13 Oct 2013 18:09:38 - 1 hour ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 1
13 Oct 2013 18:09:38 - 1 hour ago DEVICE motion active Basement Motion detected motion
13 Oct 2013 18:09:32 - 1 hour ago DEVICE motion inactive Basement Motion motion has stopped
13 Oct 2013 17:42:34 - 2 hours ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 2
13 Oct 2013 17:42:34 - 2 hours ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 1
13 Oct 2013 17:42:33 - 2 hours ago DEVICE motion active Basement Motion detected motion
13 Oct 2013 17:23:43 - 2 hours ago DEVICE motion inactive Basement Motion motion has stopped

@Gray
It’s always done that for me… keeps sending the ON command even when it’s already on. I just let it since all it does is fill the log with the notices.

On a different topic, have you had a multisensor stuck on ‘open’? I had to bring a small magnet to reset it to close, after that it worked properly again.

Fixed now, should be good for everyone having issues like mine.

(Todd Wackford) #7

Had to update the app (added then deleted another light) then it worked as it should.

Thanks to the fixer geek!

Twack

Reviving an old thread. I removed the app I was using a few months ago to reuse the motion sensor for another app. Yesterday, I was reinstalling the app and I must have had to back out of the app and lose all the info I entered about 5 times because I could not figure out how to close/save the dialog I was in. This is on the Android app. Just thought I’d bring it up for the sake of the new users that might want to use this smart app.

(Realsol) #9

The last 3 days I have been having problems with ‘Smart NightLight’. I have it set with motion but only to come one 1 1/2 hours before sunset. Last 3 days it has start coming on like 5 hours before sunlight and have to manually shut it down. So I don’t think it is a “Light Follows Me” only problem.