Light Follows Me troubles

Anyone have any issue with this app recently? I use it to turn on a zwave switch that is connected to a fan. A smartsense motion triggers it when the room is occupied and turns it off after 10 (or whatever I set) minutes of inactivity. It’s been working flawlessly until a couple days ago when the app just doesn’t send the Off command even when motion time limit is reached.

I have contacted support but wanted to check if there’s any quick fix.

Exact same problem here. I have the timeout interval set to 5 minutes, and it had worked fine for months. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but haven’t had any luck.

Started doing the same thing here 3 days ago.

I also noticed that it now sends on commands whenever motion restarts, even if it’s only been a few seconds. This has no effect if the lights are still on, but seems odd (and I don’t think this is how it behaved before, but I don’t know for sure). An example log showing this and the failure to turn off after a period of inactivity:

13 Oct 2013 18:09:39 - 1 hour ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 2
13 Oct 2013 18:09:38 - 1 hour ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 1
13 Oct 2013 18:09:38 - 1 hour ago DEVICE motion active Basement Motion detected motion
13 Oct 2013 18:09:32 - 1 hour ago DEVICE motion inactive Basement Motion motion has stopped
13 Oct 2013 17:42:34 - 2 hours ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 2
13 Oct 2013 17:42:34 - 2 hours ago APP_COMMAND Basement … Basement Lighting sent on command to Light Plug In 1
13 Oct 2013 17:42:33 - 2 hours ago DEVICE motion active Basement Motion detected motion
13 Oct 2013 17:23:43 - 2 hours ago DEVICE motion inactive Basement Motion motion has stopped

@Gray
It’s always done that for me… keeps sending the ON command even when it’s already on. I just let it since all it does is fill the log with the notices.

On a different topic, have you had a multisensor stuck on ‘open’? I had to bring a small magnet to reset it to close, after that it worked properly again.

Fixed now, should be good for everyone having issues like mine.

Had to update the app (added then deleted another light) then it worked as it should.

Thanks to the fixer geek!

Twack

Reviving an old thread. I removed the app I was using a few months ago to reuse the motion sensor for another app. Yesterday, I was reinstalling the app and I must have had to back out of the app and lose all the info I entered about 5 times because I could not figure out how to close/save the dialog I was in. This is on the Android app. Just thought I’d bring it up for the sake of the new users that might want to use this smart app.

The last 3 days I have been having problems with ‘Smart NightLight’. I have it set with motion but only to come one 1 1/2 hours before sunset. Last 3 days it has start coming on like 5 hours before sunlight and have to manually shut it down. So I don’t think it is a “Light Follows Me” only problem.