[OBSOLETE] Lidl Smart Home DTHs

Thanks
I have already used that, and it works, but the bulbs can not dim. so much, and they are not warm at 2700Kelvin

I just bought some Lidl Silvercrest Power Outlets for £8 each and think they are brilliant and they also look very similar to the Samsung Outlet. Stick it in the plug, turn the power on and the ST App adds it within 10 seconds, no pressing buttons 100 times like the Ikea Tradfri devices. When it turns on and off, there is a very quiet click sound. In IDE it shows up as Zigbee Switch and has local processing.

1 Like

Thank you for this! With the Custom Device Handler SmartThings is picking up the 3 outlets. However, only the first Outlet works consistently. I can turn it On and OFF. However, outlets 2 and 3 turn OFF but then become unresponsive.

Edit: I deleted the device, re-paired it and change the Device Handler again and it functions fine.

I’ve found the same and I get the impression from this thread that they aren’t very bright in colour modes.

Hi, I just bought a lidl 3way plug as well but I cant figure how you added it as a custom item. Smartthings picks it up but it only controls the one socket. How did you exactly get it to control all 3? Thanks, T

Likewise. Looks like we’re going to have to learn how to use these device handlers. I found this easily enough: How do I add a custom device handler?
I’ll get reading, looks like fun!

Actually, this link is slightly better: FAQ: An Overview of Using Custom Code in SmartThings (SmartThings Classic)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a go

Luis I just got a lidl motion sensor and tested your DTH. However I am not getting the response as expected. The devices continues to be in a state where is says checking status (see image)

on the device itself there is only the battery indicator with 0%. (see image) seems the device is recognized as a sensor. I can see that the red light on the sensor is triggered by motion. I was wondering if you have any idea what could be wrong here? I copied the DTH. and just to be sure I did not make a mistake copied it again but no difference.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thx Fred

Luis I did not copy the image of the second screen shot so here goes

OK, I did it, surprised myself with that…

3 gang strip plug (3way plug)

Accessed my dev account: https://account.smartthings.com

My Device Handler > Create New > From Code

Pasted in the code from here: https://github.com/LAMS144ai/smartthings/blob/main/zigbee-multi-switch.groovy

Pressed create and published for me

Plugged in the device, turned it on. On the phone app went to > add new device > smartthings > outlet > Outlet (STS-OUT & Others)

Found the device and called it ‘Outlet’.

Then back in the developer page accounts https://account.smartthings.com went to My Devices, scrolled down to ‘Outlet’, clicked on it, down to the bottom to edit it > ‘Type’ > Scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the list and found LAMS ZigBee Multi Switch.

It wasn’t obvious it had worked at first. I think I may have then deleted the device off my phone app because I couldn’t figure out where to control the other 2 plugs on the strip as Outlet only changed one. But I found the other two hiding at the bottom of my app view on the phone as Oute2 Oute3.

Seems to all work. Thanks for the code and the instructions.

6 Likes

Louis and Mini I have the same experience. The light bulb works with the standard DTH but color isn’t 2700 its more 3000+ also when you go up the light tends to give a more blue’ish light I have attached an image to give people an idea of what you get compared to other leds at 2700 on a ceiling.

You beat me to it! Yes, works fine for me too. Creates two extra devices in the list so you can do what you like with each socket. Great stuff!

Hello FredM,

I don’t know what is the problem. That DTH is working fine for me (a bit slow but working). Did you publish (for me) the DTH after creating it in IDE?

I hope that you found a solution.

Best regards.

Hi Luis,
Thanks for this. I have published the DTH for the bulbs but can’t get colour just white variations. I added in ST as a Sengled smart LED Zigbee and the type in the device list is showing as Zigbee RGBW. Any idea of what I may be doing wrong.

Hi David, is that a UK multi socket you are using? Mine only has two sockets listed in the app.

Yes, got three sockets working with the Device Handler.

indeed strange. I created the device handler first and then added the device.

Hi Andrew,

if it show Zigbee RGBW, then you need to change the device type to the Sengled RGBW.
Click on your device, then go to edit and now look for type. Here select from the list Sengled RGBW Bulb. And now same your change. Now you should see the new type in the device list.

Hope this help

Hi Fred,

you are right, the colour with the generic bulb is not really worm white.

Here a device handler that work, after you add the 2 fingerprints.

Fingerprint for the E27 and E14:

// Lidl White Temp E14
fingerprint profileId: “0104”, inClusters: “0000, 0003, 0004, 0005, 0006, 0008, 0300, 1000”, outClusters: “000A, 0019”, manufacturer: “_TZ3000_oborybow”, model: “TS0502A”, deviceJoinName: “Lidl Light”, mnmn: “SmartThings”, vid: “generic-color-temperature-bulb-1800K-6500K”

// Lidl White Temp E27
fingerprint profileId: “0104”, inClusters: “0000, 0003, 0004, 0005, 0006, 0008, 0300, 1000”, outClusters: “000A, 0019”, manufacturer: “_TZ3000_49qchf10”, model: “TS0502A”, deviceJoinName: “Lidl Light”, mnmn: “SmartThings”, vid: “generic-color-temperature-bulb-1800K-6500K”

This will give you the full range.

2 Likes