Leviton VRCS4

dth_remotes
dth_lighting

(David Currie) #203

Hi Iskender, First let me thank you for your enhancements to Brian’s great work. For a time, my logs were showing button one presses, but now alas they are not. At one point, using Brian’s Smartapp, I switched the button one association to control the internal relay to on, and saved, then hit configure in the tile. Presently, something is amiss: Button 1 turns the internal relay on, but wont turn it off. I’d prefer to create a scene with that button, but logs show no activity when i press button 1 and tile doesn’t show it either (as it does for buttons 2-4). I am able to configure scenes for all but button one. Also, my dimer buttons do not appear to be working, and the button lights do not remain on for current scene. I’d appreciate any ideas you or anyone else may have to resolve my problems, especially the button one problem. Thanks in advance.

(David Currie) #204

A quick update! Repairing solved the button one problem, but still looking for solutions to handling dimming switch presses.

@ygelfand - know any way to fix this?

To be clear, in ST, you only see the first button push.

EDIT: When I switched to @mpk’s DTH/SA, it correctly sets the scenes on each button, solves the problem. Beautiful!

For what it’s worth, I just swapped out a problematic VRCS4 (>10 seconds for lights to respond!) for a VRCZ4 with @mpk’s smartapp/DTH and the Homeseer switches now respond in ~1 second.

The previous smartapps tested with the VRCS4 scene controllers was both
@bdahlem’s Leviton VRCS Z-Wave Scene Control and also
@ygelfand’s VRCS4 Scene Associator with their affiliated DTHs.

I also tested with @ieguz’s modified Leviton VRCS Scene Controller without any noticable improvement. I also moved the hub around in the hopes that it would involve fewer hops but nothing seemed to change based on the relative proximity between the scene controllers, hub and switches.

To be fair, I still have 3 other VRCS4 controllers installed with the Leviton VRCS Scene Controller smartapp and those turn on within 2-3 seconds-- and which I will now replace with VRCZ4 switches in the hopes that this will speed up the response time from the associated switches.

Am I the only one who has been experiencing such long response times with VRCS4 switches?
Is it likely related to the a particular controller switch firmware not playing well with the DTH/smartapp?

(Matthew Newman) #207

I have a question on associating the Smart Things Hub to a device. I know the Hub has to be in close proximity, but does the Hub have to stay connected to my wi-fi router in order for my iPhone to control the pairing process? It seems impossible to arrange for the Hub to be close to the installed device and remain connected to the wi-fi router.

The phone app does not talk directly to the hub at any time, even if they are on the same Wi-Fi. The app talks to the cloud and the cloud talks to the hub. So the hub always has to be connected to the SmartThings cloud while you are adding the new device.

If you have one of the hub models that plugs into your ethernet router, what you can do is borrow a Wi-Fi access point from someone, or buy an an inexpensive one, that has an ethernet port on it, then plug the hub into that. That’s what a lot of people do.

The following is just one example of this kind of device: there are many different brands and models.

(Matthew Newman) #209

I followed your instructions for getting my VRCS1 controller to work with my DZ6HD dimmer and…IT WORKS!! You are an absolute gift to us Leviton-frustrated ST newbies. A million thanks for your solutions. Now, I have a question. As I’m playing with my switches and beaming with delight that I can now shut off our kitchen pendant lights from the hallway entrance as I make my way to bed rather than at the kitchen sink and then stumbling in the dark to exit the kitchen, I notice that my dimmer takes a couple of seconds to shut off. I’d like it be instantaneous. I notice on the instruction sheet for the DZ6HD there is a parameter for setting the Fade Off time. I’m guessing I need to switch the Device Handler for the DZ6HD back to Z-Wave Tweaker and then adjust that parameter, and then switch back to the VRCS2 button. My question is, do I need to suspend the VRCS Button Controller Smart App first? Will the app crash if it can’t find the VRCS2 button device while I have the DZ6HD set as a Z-Wave Tweaker device?

Curious if anyone has been able to get this working on a v3 controller? I suspect that might be my problem, but I’m not sure.

I have it paired, device handler is installed, smartapp is installed, I’ve hit the configure button within the ST classic app and changed the device from “remote” to the “scene controller”. However, when I push the physical buttons on the device, I don’t see any logs show up under “live logging” online. I do see logs when I hit configure and also see logs when I am in the Scene controller SmartApp when I am configuring the different button actions, but that’s about it. No logs when the physical buttons are actually pushed.

Here’s what I see when configuring the different buttons while in the SmartApp:

17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:22 PM: trace [Goodbye!, I’m Back!, Good Night!, Good Morning!]
17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:21 PM: debug Found: [Lamp by door] for lights_4_off
17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:20 PM: trace [Goodbye!, I’m Back!, Good Night!, Good Morning!]
17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:20 PM: debug Found: [Lamp by door] for lights_3_off
17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:19 PM: trace [Goodbye!, I’m Back!, Good Night!, Good Morning!]
17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:19 PM: debug Found: [Lamp by door] for lights_2_off
17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:16 PM: trace [Goodbye!, I’m Back!, Good Night!, Good Morning!]
17fcbe90-a393-4409-b15d-ea9b8ce85ea5 9:07:16 PM: debug Found: [Lamp by door] for lights_1_on

Here’s what I see when I click on “Configure”

b1e1ae8e-f8ff-4974-8dba-b51fe1b943c2 9:08:41 PM: debug Sending configuration: [7204, delay 100, 8505, delay 100, delay 100, 2C0300FFFF]

I don’t see anything else.

Under “My Devices”, it shows up as “Active”.

Any ideas?