I just Bought the leviton Vizia rf+ VRCS2-MR 2-Button Controller and have found a couple of topics about setting it up. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best method that is working for the V2 hub? And hopefully the easiest way to set it up. I just want the two buttons to turn two lites on and off. thanks
Nothing has changed between hub v1 and hub v2 in regards to getting this device to work. Yes, i’ve done it on both.
Follow the instructions in the threads, and no it won’t always work the first time either.
Hi @Seven7, of all the devices I have, and I have a lot (200+), this switch is the biggest PITA to set up. Once set up, it works 99% of the time.
I had it on hub v1, and now on hub v2. The key is to pair this switch with the hub literally within a foot of each other. Since hub v2 is battery powered, it’s easily done if you can get a long network cable.
Here’s what I did after having the hub and switch super close to each other (used Leviton’s documentation and other posts for help too) :
- Put the hub into Include mode via the app by going to Connect New Device.
- Press and hold both buttons until the LED’s turn amber. LED’s should blink and continue to blink once every second until included.
- ST will include it as a Z-Wave Remote. This is useless in ST right now, so no need to put this into any Room if you don’t want.
- Now time to include the actual buttons…
- Repeat step 1 above
- While in the Inclusion mode, and the LED is ON on the button, press the button to turn on the switch. ST will include the switch and the LED will turn OFF. If the switch is flashing Amber while in the Inclusion mode, ST is still trying to communicate with the switch, so just wait a few seconds.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the second button
I needed three attempts to get this right, and excluding the device is just as much a PITA as including it if you mess up. I suggest yelling at it, enjoy a cold beverage of your choice, and try again until the switch is included or you run out of drink…