Leviosa Motor Shades - Custom Motor Shades now fully SmartThings compatible

Any update on when you will get the shades working again.

I would like to get my last one added in so I can start controlling it with the rest.

Adding Sunset Sunrise options to your app would be a nice touch as well. I have all the other shades closing at sunset using ST, but the newest one I just have to set a specific time in the Leviosa app. Luckily it’s in our guest bedroom which we don’t go in much and we keep the door closed to keep the cats out so it’s not a big deal. Would like to get ti working like the rest.

Happy New Year Mike.
We have been working with the ST team thru the holidays and were expecting the next version to publish this week, but ST ran into staging issues that remain unresolved. The next Leviosa version will have device control and allow connections to automations, as expected. We appreciate ST development team’s attention to the issues considering that team is supporting the hundreds of other devices compatible with ST.

OK looking forward to getting my last shade tied in to ST.

ST published the new device today and automations are now available again. We are appreciative to the help ST team leadership has provided to Leviosa Shades and all the other devices.

A video with detailed screenshots demonstrates how to link Leviosa Motor Shades with ST.

I guess I need to remove and re-add to use the new DTH. Still not listed as a device I can automate this morning. I don’t have time this morning to try it, but hopefully that will fix it. I will try later this evening.

Please let us know if you have any issues as we can set up time to help if needed. Contact solutions@leviosashades.com

What I figured woudl happen. I now have no access to any of my shades through ST.

I removed the one shade that I had recently added that did not work. I then went through the process of adding a Leviosa shade. Add Device>by brand> leviosa. This was with the new app BTW.

It let me log into my leviosa account and said all my devices had been added. It showed all my shades, the Zone and name. None of the new shades worked, however So I figured because I still had the old ones installed I should go ahead and remove those and try again…

So I did, against my better judgement, and went through the process again and now it will not add any .

It jumps straight to the screen where it shows the shades but will not actually add them. It does nto have me log in to my Leviosa account. Is there a way to remove the link between Leviosa and ST and start from scratch. I can’t find it if there is.

Hi Mike-
We can help you unlink the account, and then re-connect the account. Goto the hamburger menu on the upper left side of ST, and choose the ‘gear’ on the right side. Choose ‘connected services’ from the menu options, and then choose Leviosa to unlink. You can then ‘add device’ and select Leviosa to connect. All your shades listed on your App will then display after you enter your Leviosa account name and password. Then enjoy ST with Leviosa shades!

If you have any problems, please send a pm to solutions@leviosashades.com and we will schedule a phone call with one of our technical experts at your convenience.

Thanks I looked through those menus so many times yesterday and never saw the connected services.

I was successful at getting the service removed and reinstalled. I now have all the shades in my device list. If they work or not I do not know. I won’t know for sure until I get home tonight.

I notice there is a slight bug in the install window. At the top there is a message saying something like select the room for your device. Each time I opened it the device in the text would be different. This last time it asked where I wanted to install my Wemo. I saw Iris Zigbeee, Megaman Switch, and a couple of others I can’t remember. Just seems to randomly select a name.

{edit]Looks like it is working. I checked in with my Echo Show in the office and activated the Office shade, and I am pretty sure I heard it activate. So good work guys. All the shades now show up so you can add them to automations.

Everything is now working. Thanks for the update.

Hi Mike-
Glad everything is working properly. Let us know if we can help further.

Mine are also working now. I was able to setup some automations as well.
Thanks!

Hi Ben-
ST updated their schema and now Leviosa is able to easily connect to ST, and automations with Leviosa are fully available.

We appreciate the support the ST Dev team provided to complete the new schema.

1 Like

I have experienced one issue with the ST integration.
I have created two scenes (shades up/shades down) which I can also control with Alexa.
In the scene I have added multiple shades groups to be opened or closed together.

Sometimes though the command doesn’t work on all groups. For example, I run “shades up” scene which contain both my living and dining room shades but it only opens livings room.
If I run the scene again, it works.

I’m not sure if this is a software issue or radio interfaces but when I try to open/close a single group on ST, it always works. The problem is when they are being opened/closed together.

The issue is when multiple commands are issued “together”. I guess if ST could add 1-2 second delay between issuing commands, it should work but there is no such option.

Please advise.

**** UPDATE *****
Instead of creating scenes, I tried adding shade groups into an ST automation and I put few seconds delays between them. I.e. open living room, 3 seconds later open dining room.
Surprisingly this time it missed only a single shade in the living room group and not the whole group.
Given my remote control always works when I want to open/close all shades, I’m almost certain that this is an issue with the Leviosa bridge or Leviosa/ST integration.

Issuing multiple commands at the same time will cause radio signal interference. For the Leviosa App, scheduled groups for multiple Zones are automatically delayed 1 second to avoid the issue. In your update, you acknowledge the same resolution.

For multiple shades in the same group, the issue is likely signal reception of an individual shade. Reception for any shade can be improved by lowering the antennae (white) wire from the metal bracket. In our labs, we measure 20% reception improvement. Simply let the antennae wire hang below the bracket, fastening it (e.g. tape) to the side, out of sight. While this may be obvious to say, do not cut or shorten the antennae wire.

Thanks for the quick response Tony.

If that’s the case, then how can we use Alexa to open/close multiple shades groups? e.g. Alexa turn on Shades Up
As you know, Alexa only recognizes the scenes and we also know that scenes don’t support any delays between actions.
(FWIW, the Leviosa Alexa skill doesn’t recognize direct commands and always wants to open the skill so that option is out)

As for the reception being the cause of a single shade not opening, I doubt it. Because the failed shade was next to the other one in the group and they both are only a few feet away from the bridge.

Also curious, how come the remote control always work with no issues. Does it internally add a delay? Shouldn’t the bridge act just like the remote control? I mean technically speaking, if there is radio interference, it should affect remote control as well.

AM4TURE-
Since this is a ST forum, use ST to create a ‘scene’ with any/all Leviosa group(s) and actions (open or close) you want. Import them into Alexa by linking your ST account as a skill. Then you create a Routine with Alexa based on you choice of input (voice, time, etc.), and select the Action as Smart Home, and you can select the name of the scene you created in ST. When multiple Leviosa groups are activated, ST automatically creates a small delay and the shades operate properly.

You are correct that Alexa will not allow you to directly control Leviosa commands, but you can create specific commands via ST, and then activate them on Alexa. Of course, if you are just setting time based commands, then you can simply use ST and skip Alexa all together.

Yes Alexa uses ST scenes and as I stated before, multiple groups of shades don’t work correctly in Scenes because there is no delay between them.
This interference issue can be fixed in ST Automations but not Scenes.

I’m also curious to know why the radio interference issue doesn’t happen with the remote control.

I found something similar in my webcore piston. I use simulated switches for each shade and then tie a switch to each shade in the new app automations. I found that if I simply tried to open or close all the shades at once, One or two would not be fully open or closed when the piston was done. I have since switched to doing one after the other with a 5 second delay between each one. That seems to work well.

1 Like

FWIW, I’m having similar issue with Z-wave plus smart switches. I created a “lights out” scene to turn off all 24 switches and dimmers. It consistently failed to turn at least one off. I’ve split it into 4 scenes and use delays in Alexa routine. But even then it will miss one. I’ve resorted to triggering each scene twice in the Alexa routine.

May recreate it all in an automation.