Leeo, a basic b*****s device type

Yeah I had mine working thanks to your instructions. For some reason though the humidity is a little bit testy. I had it working fine all from one ifttt recipe, then humidity stopped updating. Haven’t had a chance to look at why.

1 Like

EDIT: Nevermind, I followed the readme on github and I think I got everything working now. Thanks!

I would love if you could share how you are recording the temp/humidity data. When I look at IFTTT the only option I see to report temp/humidity is if they are outside of some range.

Is it at all possible to just update the temp/humidity on some regular interval in SmartThings?

I’m just getting started looking at this stuff and I haven’t done much integration outside of what’s officially supported, so this stuff is all new to me.

Hey~Sorry for never getting back to you on this. I do indeed have the ST tiles automatically updated when either the temp or humidity changes. I also have set it up so I can change the color of the light and turn it on or off using ST. If you are still interested I would be happy to share how I did it. The temp/humidity stuff I am using webCore for the other stuff is just IFTT and the device handler. Let me know!

Nate

1 Like

What did you use for the body in the JSON http POST request to pull both values and how did you reference them in the device handler? Thanks.

I have everything working great, thanks for the code!

One issue, smartthings keeps sending me sms and notifications after a smoke alarm. I believe it needs to be cleared? I don‘t have anything sending it a lock command since leeo doesn’t support notifications in ifttt for a cleared alarm. What is everyone using to send the lock command to clear a smoke alarm so I stop getting texts and notifications?

@njschwartz would you mind sharing your code for controlling the on/off state of the light?

Ugh sorry I just got back to my life after a year away. I’m fairly certain I had something setup through webcore handle this. I’ll look into if you need, but I am just getting back to all of this and it’s a bit much to handle all at once.

Soooo. {“humid”: {{HumidityValue}}} is what I use for the body on humidity, but for whatever reason that isn’t working (which is the only reason I have a separate app for it). {“temp”: {{TemperatureValue}}} is the body for the temp value.

hmmmm. Actually, I think you might be using an older version of the device type. I have it set up to send “strobe” to this device type when smoke is detected.

OKOK my bad. I have it set in webcore to automatically clear the alarm after 25 seconds because I always have my phone on me. If there is an alert about smoke being detected it’s going to show on my phone even IF I don’t happen to be holding it when the alarm comes through, and I’m going to check it out. So it made sense to me to have it automatically clear itself and I can investigate from there. Hope that helps.

I had figured out my issue actually. On the dashboard in the SmartThings app, there is a “smart home monitor”. When smoke is triggered I have to go into that, and clear the alarm. If not SmartThings will send sms every hour. It seems unrelated to the device handler or anything it’s just how SmartThings handles smoke alarms (and other alarms I think like water). Anything that ends up in the smart home monitor. So even if it’s cleared in the devices section, if it’s not cleared in the smart home monitor, it will keep sending the texts.