Laundry Monitor

Thank you. I will try it.

All you need to know is how many watts the machine draws when the wash or dry cycle has finished.
On my GitHub there are also versions of the app that will turn on a switch or speak a message if you have speakers setup.
Let me know how you get on.

At Idle (OFF) my machines are drawing 11.330 - 11.770 W & 3.28 Kwh. I installed your app and set it for 12 W and 5 minutes. I will give it a try this evening and let you know. Thanks for the app.

I’d set it at 13w or 14w just to be on the safe side.
But you might have to play with it a bit to get it accurate.
If you temporarily enable logging then you should be able to see in ‘live logging’ what is going on with the app

I also added a setting for time between messages… I use this more for my tumble dryer as it will fire up every ten mins or so to rotate the drum (supposed to stop the clothes creasing)
This way it means I only get reminded every 60 mins if the dryer is left switched on.

Thank you for your quick responses. I apologize, but I don’t see the setting for time between messages. Where is it located? I really only need to be notified once when the laundry is finished. With the “Better Laundry Monitor” I had push turned on and my family kept getting push notifications every 30 minutes or so. They didn’t like that at all especially at 03:00. Does your app only notify once?

Tom
I’m sorry, my bad!

I have another app that I wrote which is more advanced which only allows messages between certain times/days/ if someone is present (or not) and has this setting…
I was getting confused :slight_smile:

The app you installed should only send the message once if you get the settings right.

My other app does a lot more (inc voice messaging) and if you are interested is in this thread:

3.28 Kwh with a machine off is a huge draw. My hot tub heating only draws 4 Kwh. You sure that reading is correct?

I had assumed that he meant that was the cumulative reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why is a dryer drawing 18 watts when it’s no longer running??
Shouldn’t it be drawing about the same power as an LED clock at that point?

I agree that it is strange to draw that much when they are off. Right now the “Recently” list says Energy is 4.146 Kwh and Power is 11.330 W and both machines are off.

Energy is a total of energy used(Cumulative Energy). :slight_smile: The 11.33w is most likely the circuit board idle draw.

1 Like

I really like this SmartApp. I still get multiple notifications. Is there any way to make the app start when Power goes above a set W and send notification and then stop when it goes below a set W? I have the app set at Below 12w Only if it stays that way for 5 minutes, Delay between messages 20 minutes. I keep getting messages every hour or so. I changed the trigger to 17w and still get a message as well.

Tom
Which app are you using?
Is it Message Central?

Yes. Message Central.

So…
What you are looking for is the ability to tell the app to only send one message?

Then it stops monitoring until the power goes above a set level (say 1000w) which would mean that the machine was started again?

That’s what I was thinking. For WAF approval, it would only send one push or text when the wash is finished.

Ok.
I might be able to do that.
Let’s take this to the MC thread rather than clog this one up as this is really for a different app.

OK, Thanks.

Good afternoon. Can someone provide a code to add a smart speaker notification to work with the laundry monitor to announce a cycle is finished with the flashing lights?

Thank you in advance.