Lamp ramps down, but instant on using minimote

I have an aeon labs minimote, and a ge smart dimmer. I also have a smarthings hub.
If I press the button on the lamp module the light will “ramp” up to on, and “ramp” down to off.
Ramp meaning slowly dim or undim…
If I turn it on or off with the smarthings app. Same thing.
But with the minimote. The on function turns to full brightness instantly… no ramp. Off still ramps down.
I assume that means it is something about the minimote.
Anyone know how to convince the minimote to ramp up for on… Might be something I can do on the hub?

thanks

Are you using a set level command with the minimote smart app? if so, that is your culprit. Change it to an on command and you will get the ramping. Of course then you might need to raise/dim to desired level.

I am not using a smart app at all for the minimote yet. I can take the whole setup out of range of the hub and it behaves the same… So the hub isn’t the source of the issue, but if the minimote just works this way by default, the hub might be part of the solution…

so you have minimote connected directly to the dimmer as a controller ? That would be the only way to not be using an app.

Yeah, that is how I set it up. My hub is at the opposite end of the house, to the connection to it is spotty… need to get an extender.

I am guessing your models GE Dimmer is a newer model Starting about a year ago, when sending the command setLevel(60), going to 60%, will jump right to it.

I am guessing your models GE Dimmer is a newer model Starting about a year ago, when sending the command setLevel(60), going to 60%, will jump right to it.

I bought it this year, so probably newer yes.
anyway to figure out what the mimimote is sending?
The odd part is that when I send the off, it dims slowly. I would think that would be something like setLevel(0) where as on must be setLevel(100)… But why one would ramp, and the other go right to it I don’t know. Seems odd.

I am not sure about the minimote, but the “On” command should ramp up.

I tried looking at the logs, but since the minimote is setup for direct association I don’t seem to see what is being sent. Only that the light turned on…

FYI,
Ramping with setLevel is possible it just wasn’t an exposed “published” parameter.

Param 6 , value = 0 , length = 1 (instant set level default)
Param 6 , value = 1 , length = 1 (ramp on set level)