LaLaCat (Australia): Apple Watch

(Stephen) #1

Not automation but wondering if anyone has ever heard of this company?

http://lalacat-shop6.mybigcommerce.com/apple-watch-series-2-42mm-space-gray-aluminum-case-black-woven-nylon-sport-band/

Never heard of them, but they are using fake “trustworthy” logos, which is never a good sign… :wink:

(Stephen) #3

Good catch! I just bought a Series 1 from target on sale for that price yesterday. Just thought maybe they were making room for something new.

(Chuckles) #4

Not sure why you said (Australia) in your topic title - I’ve not seen anything on their site to indicate an Australian association.

Looks very suspicious:

Terms and Conditions page ( http://lalacat-shop6.mybigcommerce.com/terms-conditions/ )

• 1.1 This site is owned and operated by http://lalacat-shop6.mybigcommerce.com/” - so the website is owned by a website…not a company?

• 2.2 When you submit an order to us on our website you will receive a ‘bounce back’ confirmatory email of this order saying that we are processing your order. You will then receive a second email from us acknowledging your order and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. You should check both emails for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. Neither of these emails constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we despatch the goods to you. Title to the goods will pass to you on delivery.” - so they have my money, but no contract exists until they ship the goods? That’s not how contract law works…

• 3.3 All prices shown on our website are inclusive of VAT. Delivery charges are clearly highlighted throughout the site. For further information on delivery charges see the Delivery section.” - well, we don’t have VAT in Australia, we have GST - so they’re not in Australia.

• 6.1 The use of our site and any contracts formed are governed by American law. Overseas orders will not be accepted.” - so, they’re in the USA (maybe - “American” is a bit vague legally) - but wait, the USA doesn’t have VAT either…???

• “6.6 A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.” - and here they’re excluding rights under UK legislation…(where VAT IS used)?

( I hate Mondays) #5

The main subdomain (www) is not used/setup, registered in Austin, TX.

Under the “Contact Us” link…

My guess (just a guess) is that mybigcommerce.com is a shopping cart hosting site. That LaLaCat is one of their customers. That most of the terms verbiage on the site is boilerplate from the setup templates provided by my bigcommerce to their customers. And that English is not the first language for whoever at LaLaCat read over that verbiage. But again, just a guess.

Putting up the McAfee trustworthy logo when the site in fact is not registered with McAfee could just be another template/translation issue, but it’s still troubling.

( I hate Mondays) #7

When something sounds too good to be true, it probably is…

(Saeed) #8

I actually purchase or attempting to purchase a Apple Watch from LaLacat. Initially the process was smooth. But now it’s well over 10 days,
and I’m not receiving any updates on the item. I can and only hope that this isn’t a scam.

With that much discount on a product that is not usually discounted at all, this can only be a scam.

(Mark) #10

You should have a conversation with your credit card company ASAP.

(Saeed) #11

Definitely, I felt maybe it was legit, because they were advertising under Walmart. However Walmart
don’t endorse and aren’t responsible. If and when
I receive my Apple Watch, I will report to the group. Also this type of marketing is through Googleadword.

(Terry) #12

Saeed647 / Was wondering if you or anyone has received their watch ordered from this LALACAT Shop

Same here I’m so tempted to order but I do believe it’s a scam. Please let us know if you ever receive you purchase

Let us know if you ever get your purchase!

They ask to pay with paypal

(Mark) #16

Is it just me, or is this topic attracting an unusual number of brand new users to the forum?

(Amber Huck) #18

Im curious if they are legit too. I almost ordered a watch today but it seemed to good to be true and didnt want to get scammed.

(Nathaniel) #19

Yo same dude/dudet I bought one on April the 5th and I can’t even sign into my account anymore. Just wondering do you have any trouble signing in to?

(Nathaniel) #20

I bought one and I only hope I didn’t waste 160$ on a scam

(Saeed) #21

Yes same here; I’ve file a claim with PayPal, you should do the same immediately .