Kwikset Zigbee Smart Lock with Codes Aeotec/SmartThings?

Hi community.

I recently just go into enabling my home with smart technology and bought an Aeotec SmartHub (v3) along with a Kwikset Zigbee Smartlock. Installing was a breeze and everything works fine except …

issue: when attempting to configure Smart Lock Guess Access via the SmartThings app I get the following error: “Something went wrong while creating the lock code. Try again.”

This is just speculation, but I think the issue is because I’m using a generic Zigbee Lock driver and I’m supposed to use a Zigbee Lock with Code driver instead. I’m trying to follow some of the guides that I have found on the internet but I’m unable to find a way to install or switch to that specific driver (possibly because the SmartThings hub GUI has changed).

Any help or guidance in enabling the Smart Lock Guess Access app on SmartThings for my Zigbee lock would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried @Mariano_Colmenarejo 's ZigBee Lock Mc Edge driver.

Available at (EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Drivers for Motion, Open/Close, Moisture, Smoke-Co Sensors and others Devices

4 Likes

Hi @Paul_Oliver ,

Thanks for that suggestion!

I just installed the relevant driver from that channel and was able to successfully use the lock codes! You’re a lifesaver! Appreciate the fast response!

1 Like

You are welcome.

The actual saver is @Mariano_Colmenarejo who shared all his drivers with us.

4 Likes