Kwikset zigbee lock won’t work (March 2023)

Bruce, yes, now I see last unlocked. I never noticed it before.

I am using an Iphone 13. I do have a galaxy…let me fire it up and see what happens.

1 Like

Does not work with android either. Same thing

Thanks,
Chris Landman

@mlchelp What hub and version do you have?

What is your hub and version Chris?

It is a SmartThings hub v2

Thanks,
Chris Landman

Running what version firmware?

Thanks,
Chris Landman

At this point I’m not sure what else you can do. We have tested the following and ruled them out.

1. The driver Zigbee Lock MC. I’m using the same driver and I not having the problem. Also Bruce has compared it to the stock driver and it is the same except your fingerprint was added.
  2. The Lock Kwikset 914. I’m using the same lock and I not having the problem. We have compared your API logs to my logs and they are the same for unlock events. Codeid etc.
  3. You have reinstalled SLGA
  4. Your phone APP. You have tried it on Android phone and still have the same issue.

You did mention in the beginning of this discussion that you had a ticket open with ST support for 4 months for the original issue of not being able to enter lock codes and SLGA not seeing the lock. This was fixed by having Mariano add your fingerprint to Zigbee Lock MC driver. Maybe ST changed something when they were trying to fix it?

The only options I can think of is to open another ticket with ST support for the SLGA issue of not sending you a notification of who unlocked the lock and it not showing who did it in the history or using Sharptools.

If you decide to go the Sharptools route then you can either have a text message sent to your phone and this is only one number not multiples. You can also create a virtual switch for each of your codes and switch one on based on which person unlocked the lock and create a routine that sends a text message or notification when the switch turns on and then in the same routine turn it off again. It is a paid solution but it’s only 2.50 a month. You can also use it for much more complex automations then the native ST routines. Its really not hard and based on your abilities that I have seen so far I think you will be able to do it.

@h0ckeysk8er Do you see any other options or have any other ideas?

Beyond verifying that you both have the same hub running the same version, I think we’ve exhausted all the avenues I can think of. We know that SLGA gets at least the unlock event notification, but we have no way to verify that it receives all the information that we see in the logging from the hub. Since that event is sent to the cloud and then to the phone, there are other places where a breakdown may be occur. Support has access to more detailed hub logs that can be sent from the IDE as well as other cloud logging associated with the account. I’d say open a case with the developer support, but this is less of a developer issue and more of an operational issue. That being said, I do think a case should be opened with the developer support regarding the codeName being “Code x” because that is clearly a bug.

@nayelyz Could you take a quick peek at this topic and give us a recommendation on how to proceed?

I have a V3 hub and he has a V2 hub. Same firmware.

Here is something weird. It is now logging my code but nobody else’s or it did today. The only difference is I have 6 numbers and the others have four.

Thanks,
Chris Landman

Hmmm…On Schlage, the lock codes for all code slots have to be the same. Does the Kwikset allow mixing code lengths? I’d try creating a test lock code with 6 digits and see if you get the codeName.

When I first migrated all the locks to Edge and used SLGA to create new codes, it required a 6 to 8 digit code. I just took the old codes which were 4 digits and added a prefix of 3 digits that everyone knew. Now when I try and add a new code it says 4 to 8 digits. I’m not sure when this was changed. ST had to make a change to SLGA. All of my codes are 7 digits and it works fine. I would try as Bruce suggested and make a test code of 6 digits and see if that fixes your issue.

After several replies, it’s difficult to find the exact issue mentioned.

I understand that the user, @chris21 is not getting the push notifications from SLGA, and we’re waiting to see if he starts getting them when all of his codes have 6 digits.

I don’t know how @Mariano_Colmenarejo configured his driver to get that information, but it’s hard for the Customer Support team to analyze issues with custom drivers because we don’t have access to the code used by it. So, in this case, it is useful to contact our team because we can contact the developer to get information on both sides.

About this part, can you point to the post where this is mentioned? Is it like the one that we discussed in the past here?

Yes, he has no push notification and in the SLGA history, it doesn’t indicate who unlocked the lock even though SLGA has the names from the lockCodes capability maintained by the driver.

I analyzed Mariano’s driver which is based on the stock ST driver. The init.lua in his repo is line for line identical to the init.lua in the ST repo. We also know from looking at the logging earlier in this topic that the lockCodes capability is populated with lock codes entered by Chris via SLGA. So, SLGA has the mapping of codeSlot to codeName since lockCodes is populated. This doesn’t appear to be a driver issue, but rather something going on with SLGA so I wasn’t sure if Customer Support or Developer Support is the right avenue for this issue.

No, in reading that topic, it seems like when using the CLI to add a lock code, it would ignore the codeName value. In this case, we know that the codeId to codeName mapping exists in the lockCodes capability, but when an unlock event is generated, the codeName associated with the codeId is not used and instead “Code x” is used where x is the codeId value used to unlock the lock.

It shows the lockCodes capability populated (timestamp 2023-03-22T16:40:16.525355897+00:00) and the use of “Code x” for an event (timestamp 2023-03-22T17:32:19.741749169+00:00) in the logs from this post Kwikset zigbee lock won’t work (March 2023) - #40 by chris21

and my personal evaluation of what I think should be and isn’t happening based on my read of the code in this post Kwikset zigbee lock won’t work (March 2023) - #41 by h0ckeysk8er

Thanks!

I did that and no dice. It is not even reporting my code any more. WTF only reported it once. Might delete all codes and start over with all 6 digits

Thanks,
Chris Landman

@Mariano_Colmenarejo , can you add a fingerprint for SMARTCODE_DEADBOLT_10T_W3
to the lock driver for the Zigbee Kwikset 916? Hope this is the right place to make this request