Kwikset deadbolt question

It looks your chipset does support programming but you need to line up a few things for smooth operation.

1. Open the IDE -> My Devices -> Click on your Lock -> Scroll down Click Edit -> Select Z-Wave Lock from the list of types to use the stock ST ZWave Lock device handler (you don’t need to go through GitHub for this). Update/ Save the page.
  2. Check that your lock is within 30ft of a repeater for best performance or bring the hub closer, reboot the hub and do a Z-Wave repair
  3. Then use Smart Locks or if you have access to RBoy Apps, use the Lock User Managment (LUM) app (which uses the Sure Programming engine for weak meshes) and try to program a code. If you’re using Smart Locks you may need to try a couple of times depending on your mesh quality, with LUM it’ll retry automatically. For best results use a new code (don’t repeat the same number) as a previous code, this lock is a little finicky with code combinations and how it handles duplicate codes sometimes.

Now you should be able to program codes. Feel free to PM me your IDE logs if needed to verify any details.

I’ve done a little more digging and tried to get the Smart Locks app which comes with SmartThings to work. I’m able to enter codes, they show up in the Current States of the Lock in SmartThings>My Devices, but the lock will not respond when I put the codes into the keypad. Something seems squirrely. The reason I ask is that your app is a $37 per licence (I have 3 locks). If I cannot get your app to work, will you provide support to make it work?

Sure, happy to help