Kwikset 910 ZWave

I am having an issue pairing this new lock.

Can someone logon to their IDE and provide me with—and i dont know if this is unique per lock–the ‘device network ID’ or the ‘zigbee id’ that’s displayed?

what i am trying to do is when i set pairing mode in smartthings classic, choose live logging in the IDE to monitor the hub’s activity. i want to see if the lock is even broadcasting to the hub or at least an ACK of some kind. But because there’s so much chatter. I’d like to filter out just the luck. But down know the ID to reference.

thanks

The network ID is unique to each device.

In Live Logging you should be able to filter by device name. As devices report you will see the device get added to the list at the top of the screen. Just click on it.

okay. it shows up as its advertised name. it’s been added. this is good.

now. in my device list, i see it reported as a Z-Wave device. How can i add it as a Zigbee device instead?

Bear with me as I’m slightly confused. Is your actual lock device Z-Wave or Zigbee? It can’t be both.

the lock was added successfully. But i’d like it to register as a Zigbee device. I’d like to exclude it so it’s no longer registered as Z-wave. How can in join again but as Zigbee? I know it’s not both. But would like to try Zigbee.

Interesting enough–and it’s worth sharing here as i find this an odd behavior from the lock. I noticed while the device was successfully added the first time (and i havent installed it on the door yet) just letting the lock sit on the table. It always goes off with a single beep and the lock automatically churns. THere is no logging on the hub with this behavior too. anyone experience this before? It should be noted auto-lock switch is enabled on the lock itself.

lastly, the on the smartthings classic app. if i press the unlock button, it is registered in the app as unlocked and in hub logging. however, when i press lock on the app. it shows up as ‘unknown’. see log snippet.

EDIT: Ignore the comment about the lock showing ‘unknown lock’ when it’s locked from unlock position. I needed to perform the ‘Perform door handing process’ from step 10.

Everything is working fine.

@thing1nthing2
Zigbee and zwave are different wireless radios. The hardware is different. So the device is either zigbee or zwave from the factory.

Just repairing it cannot change a device from zigbee to zwave or the other way around.

i see.

thanks

@thing1nthing2
I do not have any locks but I am trying to help you.

Is the device listed literally as “z-wave device”?

Because if it shows as this, it is not registered correctly.

It needs to be something like what you have, some kind of lock.