Kwikset 910 ZWave

I think for pairing just make sure the lock is very close to your hub when you first try. I actually put mine on a 50 foot Ethernet cable and ran it to the door. For whatever reason a lot of zwave devices dont have nearly the pair range as they do functional range.

They get the range after pairing through the zwave mesh (if one exists).

There is that, but I think thee is more to it. My lock for example has no devices between it and the HUB and wont pair unless the HUB is brought closer. I also remember my first zwave devices I installed required the same, but worked fine when the HUB was moved away…even though no mesh existed at the time.

Any updates from ST on this capability. It looks like someone was able to write a smart app themselves that works so how difficult to include in the ST app? I know many people waiting to transition from Vera because of this. It looks like the revolv boards are full of this request too. Would be great to integrate!

So just saw that revolv added this capability to their hub in a very user friendly way. I appreciate all that went above and beyond to write code but disappointed that months ago I was told it was on the roadmap but nothing has happened.

Worried I hitched my horse to the wrong cart. Hoping it’s coming soon.

Btw, the new location to that above referenced post is Door Locks Fully Supported by ST's

Kwikset locks have to actually be in the locked position before they will sync with the ST hub. My lock was a good 30 feet from the hub when it paired. I had tried everything to get it to work for over 2 hours. I searched the forums and someone suggested to lock it, then pair it. Worked within 10 seconds.

I’m also having trouble pairing my 910 with SmartThings. This is my first z-wave device on the network. It’s not easy to bring the hub within range of the lock (or vise versa).

Any tips would be great!

I"m also having trouble with the 910. I bought a module on eBay that claims to be the latest version 3.2 but who knows? And maybe it has a history – how can I find out. I remove the batteries and press buttons and get beeps and red lights and green lights but never a yellow light. It is about a foot from a range extender just to be safe.

After a day it finally deigned to connected but the commands don’t seem to do anything to the lock. I’m finding all-too-often commands don’t get through to devices or get delayed. I can’t rely on opening my other lock though sometimes it has worked. Need far better diagnostic tools.

I’m tired of trying. My Kwikset won’t pair, period.

It’s in the locked position.

I’ve Paired and Excluded, and nothing happens, no lights, no nothing.

I’ve factory reset the Kwikset multiple times. I got the correct reset red/green. Still nothing on pairs/exclusions.

I emailed Smartthings support. If they can’t help, the Kwikset goes back. And I’ll think about returning the hub too.

We bought a number of these from our contractor, and ended up with an extra. If any of you are interested in a 910 in venetian bronze, pm me before it goes on eBay (we got very good pricing on them).

Anyone have any tips? I reset the lock, pulled my lock control module off the wall and pressed button A (zigbee) it still won’t pair. (I got the module off ebay used)

I pulled off the wall to set it next to the ST hub in the attic

Same problem here. Hope someone could help us.

Have you tried to exclude it first? I had trouble as well, once I excluded it paired no problem.

2 Likes

What do you mean by excluding it first? How do you do that? My SmartThings app can’t actually see and pair with the Kwikset 910 ZWave. Sorry, newbie here.

Try to exclude following the instructions there. It’s usually a good idea to exclude a new zwave device before including it. I believe “button a” is the left button under the back cover of the lock. FWIW I was able to include mine about 50ft away.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks @2l82try1, that works. My Kwikset immediately paired with SmartThing after the excluding process.

Perfect glad you got it paired. I’ve had mine installed since early sept and love it. Only thing is mine has never shown battery status. I’ve excluded and included many times too. Mayb you’ll have better luck.