KUDLED - UK 1/2/3 Gang Switch

Yes I assume so. It basically never switches off the power and trickles a tiny amount through. Hence if you have insufficient load you need an extra module in the circuit to prevent sensitive led lights from flickering. This however does not mention being a dimmer.

This also looks to be an absolute bargain at the price it is being sold at in China. Half the price of the Fibaro module for a complete 3 gang switch.

1 Like

Interesting. Bookmarked and watching closely :slight_smile:

Donā€™t suppose thereā€™s any English documentation lying around is there?

Google translate in the browser is your friend :sweat_smile:

Roger that. Google translate and 240V. Must remember to wet my hands beforehand. :scream:

LOL Most countries outside the US use 240v. Remember itā€™s current that kill not voltage. Also most homes are equipped with RCDs here and electrical wiring standards are pretty strict.

I am looking back at this thread. I PMā€™ed teohwk before about the Schneider Electric Ulti range.
They work perfectly and simply.
I am in Hong Kong and you can get these fairly easily. I walked into an electrician 2 days ago and walked out with 2 one-gang switches. Took me 5 minutes and install them and another 5 to set them up on ST. Zigbee and no neutral required.
I was fiddling around with the Fibaro Dimmer 2 and still havenā€™t gotten it to work.
However these are not cheap - even in Hong Kong. About 120 GBPs equivalent (at the current exchange rate) each.

this is the model that one would need.

@Simic, how have you gotten on with your extension power socket?

yes its working.

recognised by ST hub instantly.

I cut and pasted someones code and modified the endpoint ID.

Able to get 2 out of 4 of the outlets working which is sufficient for my needs.

BTW, the buttons on the face of the unit are touch sensitive. quite cool.

So you get a 4 outlet power strip + 2x usb charger (2.1A max)

@Simic, as we say here Happy Days. Its great to see that type of product available now just wait until it becomes more main stream.

Just wondering how is everyone getting on with their Kudled Switches?

Great, just a shame theyā€™ve stopped selling them.

@a4refillpad ahh I didnt know that, explains why I can not find any other sellers :frowning:

Have you found any alternatives similar to that price point?

I did try one of these

Partial success, but the sheer size of it was a problem for me. I really want to have some more powered zigbee deivces in the house but weā€™re very limited for choice here in the UK. In the end I had to compromise and buy a bunch of fibaro zwave inserts as I couldnā€™t keep on waiting. Not ideal as I would have loved to have purchased more kudleds.

The first company to make an attractive light switch with the same technology built in as the fibaro dimmers, in a simple swap out replacement for 1/2/3/4 gang light switches will clean up in the UK, especially if they can cope with the two wire system like the fibaro dimmers.

The modules are fine, but with even 40mm back boxes, if itā€™s a 2 gang or more light switch, the bolster will need to come out on solid walls or the back sawn out of board wall boxes.

If it were a simple plug and play light switch available in a range of finishes they would own the UK market imho

Iā€™d swap out every light switch in the house.

1 Like

There are a few contenders.

http://www.atsmart.net/index.php?s=/Home/index/suit_atsmart

They are available on taobao. Which unfortunately is chinese only and typically only ships within China.

Of course, after purchase, there is the pain of writing the DH.

It was a long journey to write the correct DH for kudled.

Atsmart wall switch seems promising as I bought and integrated the zigbee power strip without too much trouble.

I forgotten about Schneider electric ones.

Expensive. But does not require neural line and works out of the box with ST Hub with the default DH

Do you have a link to the Schneider electric ones? :slight_smile:

Just scroll up 5 posts or soā€¦

Picture included as well. :slight_smile:

Just a shame they arenā€™t readily available in the UK (from what Ive found anyway).