Kids and android phones

I would like for my kids to be able to control the lights in their bedroom with android phones or tablets but not anything else is that possible with ST?

It’s easy if you use the third-party dashboard, smart tiles. Very popular in the community. And directly addresses this issue. In the past people have used it when they didn’t want a child in one bedroom to be able to turn off the lights in the other child’s room, or for a housemate that they didn’t want to have full access to the system, etc.

Each dashboard can be customized so that only the devices you want that person to have access to are available.

It runs in any web browser so it will work on most smart phones. :sunglasses:

www.smarttiles.click

There’s also a very popular thread in the community just to discuss ideas for different hardware options and customized displays for use with smart tiles:

5 Likes

Smartiles is perfect for this use.

You can also try an Android app called Sharptools. You can allow it access to the just the devices you need and can create widgets to control the lights.

2 Likes

I also use Smarttiles for this exact reason. I have an older android phone mounted in each of my kids rooms that only gives them access to the switches they need. Additionally I have them setup to turn the screen on when motion is detected using Motion Detector and Tasker (like this) and I set them up with UPnP Monkey so they can play voice notifications.

2 Likes